The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding stage set. I want them to recreate SIT stage set in some form but, realistically I think they are too lazy for that. The layout will be the same as always... And the theme, as it seems, will be some future street/city landscape. With many neon lights, like on the Future Past tour promo art.
I think this time the layout could be different. The future street/city landscape (from the video) could make an epic stage set with neon lights and stuff.

I really hope the stage will have a ''Senjutsu hint'' in it.

I think this time the layout could be different. The future street/city landscape (from the video) could make an epic stage set with neon lights and stuff.

I really hope the stage will have a ''Senjutsu hint'' in it.
Given SiT's Blade Runner theme that could work i.e. a futuristic cityscape but with lots of Japanese touches in it, like the Japanese writing etc. from Blade Runner.

Somewhere in Time: Wasted Years, Stranger in a Strange Land, Heaven Can Wait are obvious. Sea of Madness since it had been played on the actual album tour and is comparatevely easy, seems likely. So, the last one has to be something never been played, or once (Loneliness of the Long distance Runner), so ist has to be Alexander the Great.
Senjutsu: Days of Future Past, The Writing on the Wall are sure. Hell on Earth more than likely. There are more new epics indicated, so I guess The Time Machine, since it fits the theme of the tour and the flow from Days of Future Past into Time Machine seems perfect as show opener. Though I do not believe they will drop Senjutsu and Stratego. However, Senjutsu is staying I guess, since the Samurai theme of the tour, though Stratego seems to be one of the greatest hits.
Sea Of Madness could be like Flight Of Icarus for LOTB tour.

I agree that one of Senjutsu or Stratego should stay to maintain the ''samurai theme''.
I think The Time Machine is guaranteed. Like you said, it fits perfectly with the theme. Plus, it's a Gers/Harris song with acoustic guitars. Every album tour since BNW features one of those (Dream Of Mirrors, Dance Of Death, The Legacy, The Talisman, The Book Of Souls).
^ So true.
May I ask why?
Because it's a tradition for the band, but who knows.

Wonder if they will play Days of Future Past.

My five Senjutsu choices would be

Senjutsu, The Writing on the Wall, Days of Future Past, The Time Machine and Hell On Earth.

Add Wasted Years, Stranger in a Strange Land and Alexander the Great and I don't care about other SIT songs.

Wonder if they will play Days of Future Past.

My five Senjutsu choices would be

Senjutsu, The Writing on the Wall, Days of Future Past, The Time Machine and Hell On Earth.

Add Wasted Years, Stranger in a Strange Land and Alexander the Great and I don't care about other SIT songs.
Well for those SIT songs, 2 are pretty much comfirmed and not playing the 3rd after all this would probably result in a massive riot, so... you are in luck.

"We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them"

we all know those requests aint. HCW or Wasted years aha. Pretty safe to say they are pulling out all the deeper cuts fans won't shut up about there would be riots if Alexander is missed this time aha

A hint will be a shop with neon signboard with japanese symbols above entrance :D
If the modern SIT stage will have a different shape (like the original one), I hope for something more... like one (solid) Pagoda placed somewhere, but I guess it won't fit the stage and they've already used the Pagodas. I just want a noticeable hint.
Steve Harris says,
“Following the release of our latest album, Senjutsu, we updated the current Legacy of the Beast Tour a little by opening the show with the first 3 songs from it, with the Japanese Palace stage set. As it doesn’t make a lot of sense to repeat this for a Senjutsu album tour, we thought about other options and we’ve decided to revisit Somewhere In Time as that tour didn’t feature in the various retrospective history tours we’ve played over the years.
It seems Steve doesn't want to repeat the same stage set like Maiden did for TFF tour in 2010/2011. This was not a good decision (2010 leg was a Hits tour for me). Funny that he called the tour next year ''Senjutsu album tour''.

I think they will play more than 5 songs off Senjutsu, at least 6.

I want to hear HoE, Parchement, TWOTW, Days, Lost, Time Machine.

But if we are sticking to 5 from SiT this is what I want to hear:

ATG (of course), SIASL, Wasted, HCW, CSIT. CSIT probably would have to played at a slower tempo (may not work though). Song is a natural for the theme of the tour, they will likely give it a run through at rehearsals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back