The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that came to mind now that the 5+5 thing seems a given: I feel like The Parchment's chances of getting played live are rapidly diminishing. If the tour name wasn't literally an announcement that they'll play Days of Future Past I could see it being included, but since it is and I really, really doubt they'll outright drop the title track, I don't see it fitting in the set.

I'm not sold on the 5 and 5 thing, honestly. 5 songs from Senjutsu? Definitely. But 5 songs from SIT means they have to play either CSIT or Alex, and both of those feel like long shots.

Something that came to mind now that the 5+5 thing seems a given: I feel like The Parchment's chances of getting played live are rapidly diminishing. If the tour name wasn't literally an announcement that they'll play Days of Future Past I could see it being included, but since it is and I really, really doubt they'll outright drop the title track, I don't see it fitting in the set.
Absolutely no chance they play this. I've said it since the first time I heard it. The Parchment is a great tune, but it's not getting played.

Deja Vu has never been played live, making it unlikely to join the ranks. Can't see them dusting off two never before played songs.
Not that I don't agree, but this time we're talking about an announced album that will be part of a tour. So I think Deja-Vu has a slightly better chance than some other never played live song (like OTGDY for example, since Steve wants to play it live).
"We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them"

we all know those requests aint. HCW or Wasted years aha. Pretty safe to say they are pulling out all the deeper cuts fans won't shut up about there would be riots if Alexander is missed this time aha
All the deeper cuts fans want? They are too many. Only ATG (and SIASL, CSIT and one more deep cut) will be enough for the hype.

I'm not sold on the 5 and 5 thing, honestly. 5 songs from Senjutsu? Definitely. But 5 songs from SIT means they have to play either CSIT or Alex, and both of those feel like long shots.

Absolutely no chance they play this. I've said it since the first time I heard it. The Parchment is a great tune, but it's not getting played.
Alex is not a long shot this time. Things have changed. Unless things go horribly wrong in rehearsals and they replace it with Rime (again), it will likel be played.

I always doubted they would play Alex live but right now I really think it's even likely. They wouldn't bother doing a SIT tour bringing really back only SIASL. CSIT on the other hand I think they might give it a go at rehearsals but it isn't likely, I could see them playing Sea of Madness though.

It's literally the "hey we're finally doing Somewhere in Time like you begged for" tour. AtG's getting played, come on.
I think we overestimate how much Steve listens to the specific song requests of the fans. They have long ignored most of SIT in their sets and I can bet in their minds playing Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait and SIASL counts as "giving the fans what they begged for".

I think we overestimate how much Steve listens to the specific song requests of the fans. They have long ignored most of SIT in their sets and I can bet in their minds playing Wasted Years, Heaven Can Wait and SIASL counts as "giving the fans what they begged for".
Agree about Steve not listening to specific song requests but Alex is another level. They all have known for a while that it's the number 1 request for most.

Wonder if they will play Days of Future Past.

My five Senjutsu choices would be

Senjutsu, The Writing on the Wall, Days of Future Past, The Time Machine and Hell On Earth.

Add Wasted Years, Stranger in a Strange Land and Alexander the Great and I don't care about other SIT songs.
Im pretty sure that they will indeed play Days Of The Future Past..
Im open for anything from Senjutsu or from SIT...

I'm actually a bit miffed that I won't get to see the Senjutsu stage set because I had to miss this year's LOTB gigs, but I think I'll get over it.

Apart from the obvious excitement about an SIT theme (and yes, I will admit that there is a chance they will play ATG), what pleases me the most is that the name of the tour suggests that Days of Future Past will be played. This song could be a monster live.

what pleases me the most is that the name of the tour suggests that Days of Future Past will be played. This song could be a monster live.
Absolutely, they have to play it. Thematically, it would make a great opener. And they've started alternating between mid-tempo and upbeat openers every other tour, so it would also fit that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back