The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
And according to a FC member who follows Maiden ticket sales closely says it's worse than it looks. They have apparently removed a lot of seats, and it still looks bad. One month ago he estimated maybe 4k tickets sold for each show.

That is really bad! Does he have an idea of what could have caused the low demand?

That is the only thread that I miss from the official fan club forum!

Last edited:
The situation seems worse than during Blaze Bayley era of the band according to what I'm reading here... :facepalm:

In the same time, people have less money because of the global inflation and they prefer to buy food and keep money for the heating... :rolleyes:

I would think long time fans would be clamoring to see this show. There will probably be YT videos from the shows and we might get an idea of actual attendance then. I understand the global situation right now and In the States inflation has driven prices up 25% or so on a lot of things. Makes me wonder how that might affect a US Tour next year.

Lately I have seen on Ticketmaster other shows where plenty of tickets were available, even just several days out from the concert date. It's not just a Maiden thing it seems.

I'm located in Toronto and am probably not going to see the shows in western Canada (at least, I haven't bought tickets yet). Here's my reasoning:

Canada's a big country. Just under half of our population is located in the Quebec City to Windsor corridor. The closest of the three shows is in Calgary, which is more than 2,700 km away from Toronto. For context, that's only a bit less than the distance between Barcelona and Moscow. It's a 4 hr flight from Toronto to Calgary (it would be a bit longer still from Ottawa or Montreal). Airfare in Canada in expensive. If I did a red-eye flight and didn't take any luggage, I might be able to find a ticket for around $200 (USD). But doing a multi-city flight (ie fly into Calgary and back from Edmonton - allowing me to see two shows), at a decent time of day, is pricy. And then you need to factor in a 3 hr bus ride between the two cities, or a rental car. And Vancouver is a 12+ hour bus ride from Calgary (or you're paying even more for airfare).

Another way of looking at it - the provinces of BC and Alberta combined have a population close to London UK (9.3M vs 9.6M). And it's spread across an area larger than Mongolia.

Had I not travelled to Europe earlier this year to see Maiden, I'm sure I would have gone to the shows in BC and Alberta. But, at this point, I can't justify the cost of flying out west to see one or two shows. It'll probably be faster and less expensive for me to wait until next spring/summer, and see a few concerts in the US. (I've already been to Calgary and Edmonton many times, so for the same price, I'd rather explore somewhere new - maybe Boston, Chicago, Atlanta, etc).

That is really bad! Does he have an idea of what could have caused the low demand?

That is the only thread that I miss from the official fan club forum!
Nope, it's a bit surprising to say the least. Ticket prices are reasonable and they haven't played there in four years.

The situation seems worse than during Blaze Bayley era of the band according to what I'm reading here... :facepalm:

In the same time, people have less money because of the global inflation and they prefer to buy food and keep money for the heating... :rolleyes:
I don’t think so at all, Maiden just did a highly successful European tour, but it doesnt change that the Canadian shows are very slow in terms of ticket sales.

I do see now that he has adjusted sales to around 8k for each show, so it's far better than it was a month ago.

I think a few things are at play. It's true the economy isn't great and also Iron Maiden was in North America just last year. There doesn't seem to be a ton of promotion for these shows and a lot of fans are probably assuming more shows next year. I doubt the theme of the tour makes a difference one way or the other, but I imagine it is less interesting to North American audiences than European ones.

I would also say that bots buying up tickets probably has a lot to do with it, you can't really trust seating charts to know how many tickets are being held by fans who intend on going to the concerts. I've increasingly noticed a trend where I purchase a seat in a section section that appears close to sold out on the seating chart and then is practically empty when I arrive at the concert. It actually happened last year on Legacy of the Beast tour. I couldn't find any tickets that weren't in the nosebleeds for months. Finally found some resale tickets in a good section that had previously been sold out on the day of the concert and the area wasn't nearly as full as it should have been. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the tickets in the middle sections were bought up by bots or held by the ticketing agency when the show went on sale and have recently been made available again to the public.

Nope, it's a bit surprising to say the least. Ticket prices are reasonable and they haven't played there in four years.
And alot has happend during those four years. The economy worldwide is horrible for most people. The audience is very selective when it come to spending tickets to shows. One other main reason I think is the market in North America is over-saturated with live shows in general to choose from. Maybe also local promotion is poor as well.

Hope the band and the audience will have a great time anyway! Lucky bastards

I don't think it has to do with the tour concept, imo it's more related to the fact that this isn't a real tour through NA and to the fact they will probably go back there (or at least close cities) next year. It probably wasn't promoted as high as it would with a proper tour. These shows including Power Trip are just so different to what Maiden normally does that it probably had an impact.

I don't think it has to do with the tour concept, imo it's more related to the fact that this isn't a real tour through NA and to the fact they will probably go back there (or at least close cities) next year. It probably wasn't promoted as high as it would with a proper tour. These shows including Power Trip are just so different to what Maiden normally does that it probably had an impact.

I doubt they’ll be revisiting that part of Canada next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back