The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changing the topic slightly, but we have been bloody lucky with the last 3 Maiden tours. TBOS, LOTB and Future Past tours have been of an incredible quality. I was a bit ‘meh’ about the TFF and Maiden England tours, but the last 3 have been incredible.

What a great time to be a Maiden fan.
TBOS was an amazing tour, glad I got to catch them on it. Eternity is an absolute killer way to open a setlist

Going back to the stadium discussion and Twickenham, I was there and it was a great event and whilst it wasn’t sold out there was a heck of a lot of people there.

I think the biggest problem with this was the venue itself, not that it was too big but its location. It was awful to get too with limited parking but public transport was a nightmare. There’s only one main line station close to Twickenham and it’s not particularly big. The nearest other stations are over 20 mins walk away and they are small.

If they had done something a bit more central like Wembley with better access to the stadium I think they may have got a better crowd. If you were travelling from anywhere outside London you had to get into London then get out again by train. Twickenham station doesn’t really connect to many areas outside of London or the local surrounding areas.

Also if memory serves they had Lauren Harris, within temptation and avenged sevenfold as support. Could have done without Lauren Harris & WT and had another couple of bigger bands.

Weirdly it was the only uk date on the whole of that tour too. Wonder if the band were pissed off that they didn’t sell it out so never booked any more gigs. It was a major big deal the somewhere back in time tour so to have only one uk date was strange.

The Ghost of RLonger says Maiden is over in Western Canada
Syntax error for this pro wrestling fan

Syntax error for this pro wrestling fan
RLonger must not have been a wrestling fan :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back