The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to whom? That's entirely subjective. Adrian's the weakest composer in the band (not counting Nicko) in my opinion. I love his guitar playing, but as far as composing goes every other member has delivered far more. I'd say Janick is one of the most prolific; or rather I've enjoyed every single track he co-wrote for the last couple of decades.
I guess what he meant to say is that Adrian and Bruce are the ones writing more songs nowadays, assuming Steve is mainly working on other members' songs. Adrian has signed 15 songs on the last 3 albums, Bruce 11, Janick 6 and Davey 2. I think both might have some demos of new songs (maybe not Bruce due to his solo album) but yeah, that's mostly it. Those songs will probably have lots of work ahead when they book the studio.

I think a return to AMOLAD is unlikely, they've never really shown any interest in revisiting recent albums beyond the odd song surviving past it's album tour (Wickerman, BNW, DOD, FTGGOG)

Next year will be future past leg 2, same as the first leg.

I think there's a decent chance of a new album immediately afterwards (not guaranteed) with a tour to follow.

Maybe a greatest hits tour after that,
I agree. They can return more AMOLAD songs (and from the recent albums) if they do a Reunion/Deep Cuts tour.
the most prolific composers (?) are bruce and adrian right? it has to be some draft idea saved somewhere.
All of them bar Dave and Nicko are. Steve and Adrian the most. Then Bruce. Janick also brought 1 hour of ideas for the last 2 albums (he should write more songs per album imo).
Changing the topic slightly, but we have been bloody lucky with the last 3 Maiden tours. TBOS, LOTB and Future Past tours have been of an incredible quality. I was a bit ‘meh’ about the TFF and Maiden England tours, but the last 3 have been incredible.

What a great time to be a Maiden fan.
Yep. Although I like TFF set and the ME set was one classic after another.

I’m sure Bruce, Steve and Adrian write something occasionally, but save them for future Maiden sessions or their own stuff

@Vaenyr for sure.

I have to admit I quite like it as well. There are 6 Maiden albums I find less enjoyable as the second one with Blaze.
The only detriment to that album is that they had the chorus 123456789x in succession on two songs. If they'd leave those sections as instrumentals, I'd have that one as an A rated album instead of a B rated album. Lovely tunes and good ideas apart from that first mentioned thing.

According to whom? That's entirely subjective. Adrian's the weakest composer in the band (not counting Nicko) in my opinion. I love his guitar playing, but as far as composing goes every other member has delivered far more. I'd say Janick is one of the most prolific; or rather I've enjoyed every single track he co-wrote for the last couple of decades.
Pardon?

MaidenFans - The Future Past tour 2023
- timeline -

Announced, speculated, predicted
OH FUCK IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING
SIASL, HEAVEN AND WASTED YEARS FOR SURE, WHAT ELSE???
CSIT & ATG, LONELINESS?
JUST ATG, MAYBE
CSIT AS WELL
BRUCE CAN'T SING IT
ATG will compensate, now is the time
SO MAYBE NOT CSIT...
...FUCK, IT HAS TO BE CSIT

Opening night & on towards the sea we go...
HOLY FUCK, ACTUALLY CSIT
Amazing setlist!
...but needs Pakrement to replace Celts
What's wrong with Nicko?
Bruce is amazing btw
Nicko's getting better!
BEST TOUR EVER
LIVE ALBUM??
...oh now we know what was wrong with Nicko - WHAT A TROOPER

Closure
WHAT A TOUR!
"...you'll be happy" - new album confirmed!
Judas Priest confirmed!
Live album confirmed
The Raven Age sucks
Trivium, Megadeth, Dream Theater... those were the days!!!
SO WHAT IF WE'LL ACTUALLY GET A NEW ALBUM??? FUTURE, you see - Senjutsu is now PAST, see!
no - they haven't been in studio
Adrian vs Janick songwriting battle

so here's drunk Nicko from 2003, singing Age of Innocence, eyyyy!

Can't wait whatever news they'll have for us after the PowerTrip!

Last edited:

did-i-stutter-serious.gif

Of course. I am sure there might be someone who loves Virtual XI out there. :p

well-of-course-i-know-him-hes-me-ben-kenobi.gif

It is my favorite Maiden album after all :D

MaidenFans - The Future Past tour 2023
- timeline -

Announced, speculated, predicted
OH FUCK IT'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING
SIASL, HEAVEN AND WASTED YEARS FOR SURE, WHAT ELSE???
CSIT & ATG, LONELINESS?
JUST ATG, MAYBE
CSIT AS WELL
BRUCE CAN'T SING IT
ATG will compensate, now is the time
SO MAYBE NOT CSIT...
...FUCK, IT HAS TO BE CSIT

It has just occured to me, we could have spared ourselves all this by just asking AI!

Therefore, I can now confirm, for example, that, yes, Iron Maiden will play again next year in Wacken!!!!

I asked (Bard):
What bands will be announced additionally for Wacken 2024?
Answer: Iron Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slipnot, Rammstein, Korn, System of a Down, Tool

Then: Who will be the opening act for Iron Maiden in 2024?
Answer: Judas Priest, Megadeth, The Raven Age

It's so good to know that already!!!! :D

It is my favorite Maiden album after all :D
It's cool Maiden fans all have their favorite. As big of a fan as I am I have to say it's the only one of theirs I never listen to.

I know Killers doesn't seem to get enough regard. I can't say it's my favorite but I love it very much. It's very special to me as it was my first Maiden album and live experience.

Here's some news from a reliable source. Bruce hinted at some plans and the news has leaked that Iron Maiden is releasing a new album! According to the source Steve is quoted as saying "we had many themes over the years such as an Egypian theme, cyborg theme, and a graveyard theme. We tried everything so we decided to bring Eddie into the kitchen!" "We are very excited to have Eddie serving us a full platter of songs, I hope our fans will have a good appetite" said Bruce. The new album is titled "The Main Course" and the tracks are as followed:
1. Hors D'oeuvres
2. Cutlery
3. Medium Rare
4. The Main Course
5. Dying On The Pass
6. A Side Of Blood Pudding
7. Three Hundred And Sixty Degrees
8. Kitchen Nightmare
9. Offal
10. Dead Plate
Eddie is coming to serve you, no matter how hungry you are!

Jokes aside I ran this one by a couple of friends and they thought it was hilarious. I'm looking forward to the next Iron Maiden live album and the next studio album but patience is a virtue and I highly doubt there will be a kitchen theme. As for the album cover of the "Main Course," it would be similar to the "Killers" album cover but Eddie would be inside a butcher shop and the track listing would be on a menu. I enjoy eating blood pudding too, especially the Portuguese style blood pudding and the Chinese style. I had food poisoning eight years ago in China and my friends had to take me in. They made some blood pudding for me and I gradually started feeling better, possibly because it has iron.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back