The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg so they write and save pieces of ideas while out of the studio? no way.
No need to be facetious. If you read my comment properly instead of interpreting it in the least charitable way you'd see that they don't actually write music outside of the studio. They might have a few ideas, and Adrian as the exception might have a developed demo (Satellite 15 was one of his demos and was used as is, with only some vocals of Bruce added on top). The rest doesn't write songs outside of the studio.

This is neither controversial nor new information, but go off I guess.

No need to be facetious. If you read my comment properly instead of interpreting it in the least charitable way you'd see that they don't actually write music outside of the studio. They might have a few ideas, and Adrian as the exception might have a developed demo (Satellite 15 was one of his demos and was used as is, with only some vocals of Bruce added on top). The rest doesn't write songs outside of the studio.

This is neither controversial nor new information, but go off I guess.
the most prolific composers (?) are bruce and adrian right? it has to be some draft idea saved somewhere.

Last edited:
the most prolific composers (?) are bruce and adrian right? it has to be some draft idea saved somewhere.
According to whom? That's entirely subjective. Adrian's the weakest composer in the band (not counting Nicko) in my opinion. I love his guitar playing, but as far as composing goes every other member has delivered far more. I'd say Janick is one of the most prolific; or rather I've enjoyed every single track he co-wrote for the last couple of decades.

According to whom? That's entirely subjective. Adrian's the weakest composer in the band (not counting Nicko) in my opinion. I love his guitar playing, but as far as composing goes every other member has delivered far more. I'd say Janick is one of the most prolific; or rather I've enjoyed every single track he co-wrote for the last couple of decades.

I strongly disagree. For quite some time Adrian has been the band’s creative engine and (by far) the guy writing the best tunes. :edmetal:

Changing the topic slightly, but we have been bloody lucky with the last 3 Maiden tours. TBOS, LOTB and Future Past tours have been of an incredible quality. I was a bit ‘meh’ about the TFF and Maiden England tours, but the last 3 have been incredible.

What a great time to be a Maiden fan.

I strongly disagree. For quite some time Adrian has been the band’s creative engine and (by far) the guy writing the best tunes. :edmetal:
This is the exact opposite of my experience, but that's the beautiful thing about opinions: there is no right or wrong :)

Changing the topic slightly, but we have been bloody lucky with the last 3 Maiden tours. TBOS, LOTB and Future Past tours have been of an incredible quality. I was a bit ‘meh’ about the TFF and Maiden England tours, but the last 3 have been incredible.

What a great time to be a Maiden fan.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I loved the Maiden England tour. Yeah, it was a shame that Infinite Dreams or Still Life weren't played, but it was great nonetheless. I agree with your overall point about the last few tours having been phenomenal though.

Personally I thought the Maiden England tour was awesome, at least the show I saw.

Agreed. Sure, the setlist wasn't as generally fresh as what we've got since, especially in relation to the number of songs (17) played, but we still got lots of very special goodies and strong performance. That, along with slightly too much overlap with Somewhere Back in Time (just 1-2 more changes would've done a lot) probably makes it seem a bit underwhelming overall, at least retrospectively, but it was an amazing tour on it's own right.

Appropriately fierce Moonchild, all the other Seventh Son brilliance, The Prisoner, Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Phantom of the Opera... Great show!!

adrian wrote a lot of high praised songs in maiden history, so i disagree.

i agree that janick creates a lot of songs aswell.

I would not recommend Maiden to broadcast anything in the cinema.
Whether this would be true or not, I'm sure many would spread that they had now started copying Metallica.
And, having experienced it now the twice (Metallica album release and Metallica live show) I can say that this genre of music and sitting in a movie theater chair do not go together, at least not for me.
The satellite broadcast of the live show also had a very variable sound quality.

Last edited:
I would not recommend Maiden to broadcast anything in the cinema.
Whether this would be true or not, I'm sure many would spread that they had now started copying Metallica.
And, having experienced it now the twice (Metallica album release and Metallica live show) I can say that this genre of music and sitting in a movie theater chair do not go together, at least not for me.
The satellite broadcast of the live show also had a very variable sound quality.

I would have paid good money to see a Maiden live broadcast with the quality of Metallica's one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back