The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that Parchment would be a better choice but I think that actually Steve was the one that pushed Celts to be played. Might be a little harder, but I bet he likes playing those patterns.
Definitely agreed. I'm certain it's Harris who pushed for "DOTC". He probably had so much fun playing "The Clansman" for the past five years, this would be the next closest thing. I've mentioned a few times that this is probably the most fun/interesting Maiden song from the 21st century to play on bass.

I must admit I'm a bit worried that Nicko might have a health issue at the moment.

It doesn't make sense that it's a sudden onset of age, or that it's because of cancer that he had in 2020. He was playing those Trooper fills fine 7 months ago.

Fingers crossed its just a flu or something.

(I hope people don't read this as "Nicko bashing" because that's certainly not what I'm going for, I'm just a bit concerned)

Oh I see Bruce finally got his way in Tampere and got to play the gong during Alexander the Great. He was angling for it before but Nicko's drum tech didn't get the message while this time he actually was handed the felt-tip mallet and gave it a few good whacks during the interlude. Maybe tomorrow he'll actually play the whole part instead of deliberately interrupting it by planting his feet over the gong during the initial hits!

Incidentally, Nicko's got a plain 40" gong for the first time in a while, presumably because he asked for it late but probably also because it actually gets played so any extra paint would just dull its sound. It's kinda wild they finally have a song that actually does use it in their setlist.

Here on the train two guys are arguing whether or not Maiden played Run to the Hills today.
Somebody was very vocal in the ATG video and somehow apparently thought the spoken word intro was Churchill and commented something about Aces High. See, this is why they should've played Phantom instead of Fear. So many people would've just been hopelessly lost, it would've been awesome.

I must admit I'm a bit worried that Nicko might have a health issue at the moment.

It doesn't make sense that it's a sudden onset of age, or that it's because of cancer that he had in 2020. He was playing those Trooper fills fine 7 months ago.

(I hope people don't read this as "Nicko bashing" because that's certainly not what I'm going for, I'm just a bit concerned)
Like Lego said, the Trooper intro fill isn't really that hard, it can be wondered if it is a stylistic choice. But of course, specially on the first 3 shows it was reaally basic. However, I think he already sounded a lot better today, it's concerning but let's watch the tour unfold.

7 months can be long enough for health to decline, there is always a cut off point somewhere.

I was one of those saying this, and I’ve eaten my hat after seeing the live videos. The man is a freak of nature. His singing so far on CSIT has been better than 86-87 by some margin.

I am happy (and pleasantly surprised; let's hope it lasts!) to hear him sounding great, although him sounding better than in 1986-1987 is not a feat in itself.

Last edited:
I really miss the snare fills in Hell On Earth. And other fills all over the set unfortunately.
This is like being on a Metallica forum from 2000-2020. "The drummer didn't play this.."

Lars has genuinely improved live post pandemic to be fair.

Noted improvement on the Tampere videos, arthritis is quite a temperamental thing so hopefully he's been feeling slightly better.

I hope they film/record every show for a live dvd so they can get Bruce at his best
IIRC they've been recording the audio of every single show since the mid 2000's or something.
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that they'll necessarily choose the best recordings, since many live albums feature a sick Bruce (like the Mexico shows on LOTB) lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back