The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems Nicko's not really on the screen feeds anymore either. He appears for very brief moments at a time but otherwise it's just the other five. I know this is beating a dead horse by now but I'm genuinely left wondering what's going on.

I still stand by what I said, Nicko's the greatest metal drummer of all time and he always will be, and it's a monumental, unimaginable task he's taken on at age seventy when most others wouldn't even attempt it, but I think that's exactly why there's that worry that he's pushing himself for the sake of the band. But then again would he really have bowed out before playing Alexander the Great live even once? No way.

I think he completely fucked up the intro to Days of Future Past in Ljubljana.
Good catch. I listened again and you're right.

"This is heavy metal, it's serious business!"
Funnily enough he was smiling while Bruce was goofing around, but really didn't want to participate in the fun lol
Haha! In fairness to Harris, Dickinson interrupted him doing one of the few non-straightforward parts of that song (the descending riff during the pause in Smith's solo). I wonder if he would have been okay with it if Dickinson tried that literally two seconds later.

I still think the correct thing to do on this tour would be rotating Fear and Hallowed. One show each.

Similar length, solos played by same guitarists, both crowd pleasers and both overplayed.
I checked setlist.fm partway through the 1st show in Prague, and it was showing "The Parchment" in the place of "Death of the Celts". Obviously that was false information, but they could have rotated those songs as well. ("The Parchment" gives Gers a couple of extra solos, it's much easier to play for Harris, and Dickinson gets a longer break).

It seems Nicko's not really on the screen feeds anymore either. He appears for very brief moments at a time but otherwise it's just the other five. I know this is beating a dead horse by now but I'm genuinely left wondering what's going on.

I still stand by what I said, Nicko's the greatest metal drummer of all time and he always will be, and it's a monumental, unimaginable task he's taken on at age seventy when most others wouldn't even attempt it, but I think that's exactly why there's that worry that he's pushing himself for the sake of the band. But then again would he really have bowed out before playing Alexander the Great live even once? No way.
I think he sounded a lot better today actually, but yeah, noticed that on the screens as well. However I think if he wasn't feeling well he wouldn't be there, genuinely think he's enjoying even if playing a little simpler.

I checked setlist.fm partway through the 1st show in Prague, and it was showing "The Parchment" in the place of "Death of the Celts". Obviously that was false information, but they could have rotated those songs as well. ("The Parchment" gives Gers a couple of extra solos, it's much easier to play for Harris, and Dickinson gets a longer break).
I agree that Parchment would be a better choice but I think that actually Steve was the one that pushed Celts to be played. Might be a little harder, but I bet he likes playing those patterns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back