The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm engaged to an awesome lady originally from Guyana, who knows very little about rock and metal. But we've been together a little over a year, and done lots of road traveling between Florida and New York. In traveling, she's had to tolerate a LOT of Iron Maiden. And other metal/rock bands. But of everything she's heard me play, she actually really likes and engages with Iron Maiden. She loves the album Seventh Son in particular, especially the title track.

All this to say that when Maiden take this show back to the US East Coast, I'll be taking her to her first Iron Maiden show. She has very little concert experience but I think she's going to have an absolutely blast during this show.

The band is sounding so good at this point that at this point that this is THE premier Iron Maiden show to see and they really really need to capture this on film. It's probably the best set-list I've ever seen them play and I want to own a copy of it.

I dont know could Bruce handle Hallowed anymore in this stage, it is not easy song to sing.
I disagree, despite the song being difficult for everyone.
He sounds like shit on Trooper because it's in the encore again, but that didn't stop them from playing it.
Shit? Wow. I think he sounds pretty good.
Agreed. DOTC is fine musically, but I feel like Bruce doesn't have the energy level on it that he does on the two tracks that follow. Maybe it's the register he's singing in.
Aren't Celts and Parchment more or less in the same register? Overall, Celts is the more energetic song.
Same setlist as every night.
Hope there will be some changes next year, especially if it is the last leg of the tour. At least one, or why not two/three songs.
Sound issues most likely. I really need to see it on video.
Sound issues... again? Everything started last year. And Bruce's issues with the monitors are really annoying. The performances suffer from this.
It seems Nicko's not really on the screen feeds anymore either. He appears for very brief moments at a time but otherwise it's just the other five.
I've noticed it too. I hope he is ok.
"The Parchment" gives Gers a couple of extra solos, it's much easier to play for Harris, and Dickinson gets a longer break.
Agreed. Easier for Nicko too.
It's kinda wild they finally have a song that actually does use it in their setlist.
The Book Of Souls?
Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that they'll necessarily choose the best recordings, since many live albums feature a sick Bruce (like the Mexico shows on LOTB
Yeah, some choices are really odd/lazy(?).

Yesterday, nice "waving arms" interaction à la Blood Brothers during the 'Hell on Earth' intro and outro. The Band was lucky that that there was no microphone sound when Bruce started to sing during the solo in 'Alexander'.

Yesterday, nice "waving arms" interaction à la Blood Brothers during the 'Hell on Earth' intro and outro. The Band was lucky that that there was no microphone sound when Bruce started to sing during the solo in 'Alexander'.
I guess that was just a joke from his side.

Is the waving arms a first for a Maiden concert? @Kalata ?

arthritis is quite a temperamental thing
:lol: it's not... I myself have it, and it's constantly bad all the time, believe me. it only got better after a bone got surgical removed earlier this year from my left hand. couldn't play guitar since October last year and I'm only restarting again by now.

btw, to stay positive :) : do you folks think we'll get an official live release from this tour? I tend to think that all those double events like Krakow or London are very suspicious dates to be recorded or filmed. Maybe not Prague cause it was too early on their tour schedule, but let's see. just hope they don't forget to film again this time. for some reason I have a feeling that this time a London release from O2 is the thing to happen.

Last edited:
According to Leana, it's very hard to run in his new costume.
Huh? What does she mean? You try on a stage costume beforehand and see how you feel in it and whether you can move well. That sounds as if he was surprised to find that out on stage.
That said, he needs to do how he feels at that moment - get rid of excess energy and run/jump or stand focused. I don't see a problem.

Just got home...
The show was great and I had great time. Setlist worked, all the songs were awesome and nothing to report. I had fun times.

But now seeing Nicko exactly one year later (since my previous show) I think he and some other (Janick), both had gotten a bit more older.
Nicko was not shown as much on the screens and he looked more frail and not like Im used to. Maybe it is the arthritis and also he has to be more and more concentrated on his playing. To be honest, once I really paid attention to Nicko..I kept thinking what will happen.

Also, about the tempos? has anybody calculated the data on how they are doing? Are the songs now more closer to album tempo?
I think the first faster part of The Time Machine felt definitely fast while the second might have been closer to album..
I haven't yet checked any recordings, just wondering this as sometimes felt changes.

I decided to skip the nordic event shirt and alse the green shirt.
I have plenty of other nordic events with viking already and also I have usual SIT cover shirt.
Picked up Alexander The Great / Hell On Earth 2023 tour-shirt and Future Past Tour Stranger-shirt (Eddie and his ship + dates).

I decided to skip the nordic event shirt and alse the green shirt.
I have plenty of other nordic events with viking already and also I have usual SIT cover shirt.
Picked up Alexander The Great / Hell On Earth 2023 tour-shirt and Future Past Tour Stranger-shirt (Eddie and his ship + dates).
I also ordered that one yesterday (SSIASL with ship). I hesitated for a long time about that one - front actually does look great, but the little Eddie on the back looks kinda ridiculous I thought. However, got it anyway. ATG/HOE is great all the way. Have 46 Maiden shirts now (all official ones and not a single one from EMP or so). :D My oldest is Purgatory from Donington 2003. Still wearing it after 20 years. They once had really good quality stuff.

Haha! In fairness to Harris, Dickinson interrupted him doing one of the few non-straightforward parts of that song (the descending riff during the pause in Smith's solo). I wonder if he would have been okay with it if Dickinson tried that literally two seconds later.

Yes, unfortunate timing - or Steve is like my colleague who keeps asking: How's the hair, how's the hair? :D

Now that a few pics from the merch corner have been posted here, I really wonder why they release that ugly and cheap looking event shirts for years now. Eddie still looks as if he got designed and painted by some 5th grader. The German event shirt last year really was the lowest lowpoint of a shirt they ever released. What I saw yet doesn't allow much of hoping that 2023 is getting any better.

Samurai Eddie's helmet fell, Janick ran away from it too fast, Bruce haha... just normal stage mishaps. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back