The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, they are old. Nicko is drumming ok,with a few old drummer tricks,bruce its not moving if yoy check a few stand on the monitors during CIPWM PRISONER ATG he just stand there only a few moves. He has a problem again with the hips maybe....who cares ? How they sound how is the gig? Still remarcable

The absurd quantity of pyro without reason during Hell on Earth reminded me to all the pop stars or Eurovision that use pyro without any sense. Lack of creativity in the use of pyro here.
Reminds me of Kiss when they were in Bremen, Germany. Local fire marshall had denied the use of pyro and Kiss almost obeyed that order.
Well almost, as they did fire their all pyro at the end of the show during the song Black Diamond which led to be banned from playing in Bremen.
Watch from around 7:01 onwards to see their little pyro

@KidInTheDark666 How was the gig for you?
I think Maiden nailed it again..pristine show and great setlist. I had some great time.
I really, really liked it and so it's always welcome to see new show and setlist where everything works..
Can't go to see them tonight as got work tomorrow but definitely waiting for the next possible show and tour.

I must admit I'm a bit worried that Nicko might have a health issue at the moment.

It doesn't make sense that it's a sudden onset of age, or that it's because of cancer that he had in 2020. He was playing those Trooper fills fine 7 months ago.

Fingers crossed its just a flu or something.

(I hope people don't read this as "Nicko bashing" because that's certainly not what I'm going for, I'm just a bit concerned)
Yep, unfornately it was very evident from the footage and when saw him walking throwing sticks, sweatbands and drum heads.
There must be some sort of change in his health or something going, it was that different appereance and playing compared to what I saw last summer.
I think Nicko looked really frail and he was much more concentraded on the actual playing, than before. Gotta admit..watching him play made me think of different things and it caused me some concern awell.
I hope all the best for him and while we do not know what is the problem. I hope there will be found some solution to whatever he's going through.

Last edited:
Now that a few pics from the merch corner have been posted here, I really wonder why they release that ugly and cheap looking event shirts for years now. Eddie still looks as if he got designed and painted by some 5th grader. The German event shirt last year really was the lowest lowpoint of a shirt they ever released. What I saw yet doesn't allow much of hoping that 2023 is getting any better.
Herve (guy who designs all the event shirts among other things) is a hack so unless they suddenly drop him I don't think anything will be changing.

Now that a few pics from the merch corner have been posted here, I really wonder why they release that ugly and cheap looking event shirts for years now. Eddie still looks as if he got designed and painted by some 5th grader. The German event shirt last year really was the lowest lowpoint of a shirt they ever released. What I saw yet doesn't allow much of hoping that 2023 is getting any better.
Yep, that German event shirt is not one of the better ones. I think there were some really nice ones, but some really bad ones aswell.
At Rockfest, Finland last summer it was very annoying when Maiden played in saturday, they had already sold the Nordic event shirt the previous day. Weird as one would imagine them to be sold on the day Maiden performs, so there must have been plenty of Maidenfans that were disappointed that day.

@KidInTheDark666 How was the gig for you?
I think Maiden nailed it again..pristine show and great setlist. I had some great time.
I really, really liked it and so it's always welcome to see new show and setlist where everything works..
Can't go to see them tonight as got work tomorrow but definitely waiting for the next possible show and tour.
Oh, I thought it was pretty much perfect. The guys really sound good and look really happy and energetic. I loved the setlist, especially SIT songs and Hell on Earth. I was also able to go with a friend and party like hell during the songs. :DMy best Maiden gig so far.

I'll be going again today, but this time seated and taking it easy.

Oh, I thought it was pretty much perfect. The guys really sound good and look really happy and energetic. I loved the setlist, especially SIT songs and Hell on Earth. I was also able to go with a friend and party like hell during the songs. :DMy best Maiden gig so far.

I'll be going again today, but this time seated and taking it easy.
Very cool. It was indeed energetic and sort of really happy show.
Perfect intro and first song..I really liked it. The canon sort of thing during HCW was funny and etc the usual stuff around.
As the floor was crowded so well and party going, there were some spots that I couldn't see fully, for example I saw that during the song Iron Maiden Janick had fight with Eddie, but I couldn't see how the helmet ended on the floor. Eddie looked weird walking without helmet and Bruce surely had some fun with it later on.
Have fun there today and I hope you have great show again.:cool:

Brilliant show last night. I was positively surprised at how well they kept the relatively intense tempo to the end and in my opinion, Bruce delivered very well!

The Time Machine and Death of the Celts are probably my... least favourite songs from Senjutsu, but I think they managed to "sell" those songs very well in the live setting. Especially The Time Machine sounded so much better live and Bruce seemed to be very much into it. Celts wasn't bad either, just not my favourite cut there overall; I still liked the performance. It was great to hear The Prisoner again. It's quite a live beast!

I agree with some of the Nicko talk above, although his playing itself was very good, although he keeps it very basic. Some fans noticed the lack of fills etc. but overall, I'm happy how he managed it all through the set.

Amazing setlist, fantastic performance. Bruce sounded amazing and he talked and joked quite a lot and seemed very relaxed overall.

Loved every second of it and the setlist is outstanding.

Herve (guy who designs all the event shirts among other things) is a hack so unless they suddenly drop him I don't think anything will be changing.
I don't get why they contraced him. They could afford ANY designer on the planet. Some of their marketing moves I don't understand. My son painted way better pics when he was about 12.

Some random thoughts:
I think the setlist was just with great flow. Amazing selection of songs, as it felt so natural no lesser songs at all.
The start was amazing it was almost like going back in time (as I didn't get to see them on the original SOT '86-'87).
Vangelis BR-intro set it well, then the clock sound and with SCIT intro setting it well and bang the band is on stage..
SIASL was bit early as 2nd song, but what an awesome performance and I might have preferred more stage time for Eddie.

It was just happy and great show to witness, band had energy and seemed in good spirits while playing.
Bruce was in top form providing top vocals and was relaxed, I think he's definitely sounding now amazing, reminds me of the times in 2018.
Nicko indeed played good last night, even noticed The Trooper fill at the end.

My oldest is Purgatory from Donington 2003. Still wearing it after 20 years. They once had really good quality stuff.
My first one is the Hallowed Be Thy Name from 1993. I could have bought some other earlier, but for some reason I bought the first one that year.
Anyways, it's worn and in fact pretty good condition still. But I haven't worn it for a while, maybe I will take it to my next show.

Oh I see Bruce finally got his way in Tampere and got to play the gong during Alexander the Great. He was angling for it before but Nicko's drum tech didn't get the message while this time he actually was handed the felt-tip mallet and gave it a few good whacks during the interlude.
^ Video of this:

Btw, I think Bruce doesn't move around the stage that much because he wants to concentrate on the performances of some special (or usually difficult - Stranger, Days) songs. Alexander and Hell On Earth are such songs in the set. For me too.

Last edited:
^ Video of this:

Btw, I think Bruce doesn't move around the stage that much because he wants to concentrate on the performances of some special (or usually difficult - Stranger, Days) songs. Alexander and Hell On Earth are such songs in the set for him. For me too.

How do you know which songs are special to Bruce?

I was totally fine with Bruce. He sounds amazing, I even thought that he might have secured his voice a bit on CSIT.
The higher parts in the songs were really more like relaxed and natural sounding, away from the straining and pushed notes (that were some years ago).
His singing voice on the albums and tours after the cancer, it was relieving and he's managed to keep his voice taking good care of it.
Also Im pretty sure, that when he's standing there still and not running around while singing, it's the more demanding songs and parts that needs to be more concentrated. That was all just for the performance of his voice, so it's totally cool.

Last edited:
Reminds me of Kiss when they were in Bremen, Germany. Local fire marshall had denied the use of pyro and Kiss almost obeyed that order.
Well almost, as they did fire their all pyro at the end of the show during the song Black Diamond which led to be banned from playing in Bremen.
Watch from around 7:01 onwards to see their little pyro
The sad thing and one of the worst things of this tour is that they are using the same thing that they used in flight of icarus and NOTB. Exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back