The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the problem is that some people go to the concert thinking the band will deliver the same stamina they delivered in an album released almost 40 years ago. or they'll give some performance level they did until ~2016. its kinda impossible.
It's impossible, but we should expect a top level performance.

Tonights show seems to have been the best so far judging from recordings. Really good. Tampere is hopefully even better!

I was reading on another forum about Bruce mentioning this tour isnt expected to be as long as previous ones. Based on that I think it most likely wraps up next year with a North / South American run and whatever happens in 2025 well who knows at that point.
Actually, this is the most logical and right decision at this stage of their career and with the 50th anniv. coming up. Only 2 legs, like a normal album tour. They can visit NA/SA and some festivals in Europe.

2025 could be:

-> new album (recorded in 2024) and an album tour.
-> 50th Anniversary Hits tour with some rarities.

Actually, this is the most logical and right decision at this stage of their career and with the 50th anniv. coming up. Only 2 legs, like a normal album tour. They can visit NA/SA and some festivals in Europe.

2025 could be:

In 2024 will they tour with this tour usa and south america?

Didnt they do that in 1999 too?
I think so.
And he is not standing on the monitors...they move them .
Any reason why?
…and well done. It's possibly the last great stage and lightning rig
The 80's stage sets are legendary, but TBOS, LOTB?
Why is that so much bigger than the stage on Maiden England '88?
Because of the different shape of the decors?
Also, Bruce interacting with the screens around that time :D
He can't joke around with the band members, so the screens are a great addition for him too. The gallop!! :lol:

2025 could be:

Yeah I think a 50th Anniversary Hits tour is the most realistic.

Last edited:
Future and Past. You can fit anything in there
True. I was thinking more about the stage. Trooper is good. But also a song like Brave New World, Futureal or To Tame A Land would be more fitting than Prisoner, although the latter is not an often played live but expected classic.

Come to think of it, CIPWM fits the theme oddly enough - unite the future & the past!
I think if anything they should replace Death of the Celts with Lost in a Lost World. I think it be be a more crowd friendly song.
After Hell On Earth, Lost In A Lost World is probably the next epic from the album that will work very well live.

The tempos they prefer are depicted in their albums for over 20 years now. It is not a surprise that - Nicko especially @ 71 - that they need to slow down a bit. At the end of the day they pointed out that the songs were played waaay too fast back in the day, which is right if you ask me. Now Bruce can spit out the words without feeling like being chased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back