The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to think of it, Trooper doesn't fit this futuristic stage and theme at all (no wonder they didn't play it in 1986).

Prisoner is also a bit of an unexpected choice for this tour, but they needed a NOTB song I guess.

Yep, the 2009 3rd leg of Somewhere Back In Time Tour started in Belgrade:
-Adrian starts 2 Minutes To Midnight instead of Wrathchild, the band carries on.
-Nicko randomly counts The Trooper in (21:10). Band reactions are hillarious. Then he proceeds to mess up Phantom Of The Opera at 22:20.
-And my favourite, Adrian starts playing Wasted Years instead of Trooper. Bruce tells him to get his eyes ****ing checked (28:45).
-after Hallowed Be Thy Name, Bruce thinks it's the end of the show. He says goodnight, see you later, while the band just stands there like, WTF is he doing?
After he gave so much **** to Nicko and Adrian during the show, he ****ed up in the end too.
Hallowed Be Thy Name was the last song of the set on the previous years leg of the tour, that's why Bruce must have thought that it was the last song of the evening.
Can we have more of this please

Looking closely it seems Nicko actually almost goes for it but then don't. He might be just a little rusty or even ill, think in some time it'll be much better. Just got to find his groove.
The comments on the actual video are largely focused on Nicko too so it's not just a few miserable naysayers on here trying to ruin everyone's fun :lol:

That thing that he can not run well with the new costume.....nope. i dont belive it. In 2022 i saw them in zurich and run less than 2017...but its ok.

Can we have more of this please
There's few compilations (fan compiled) of footage from different shows, for example theres 2 volumes of collection called Bloopers Of The Beast.
Haven't watched those in long time but it's basically collection of fan-filmed stuff through the years documenting all the little stuff happening on stage, malfunction stuff, Steve falling etc. Some of the clips is taken straight out of the original shows bootleg, so it works like highlighting only the mistakes and funny stuff.
I haven't followed much lately how the trading goes (I used to be very active years ago with dvd/cd, and some members might know me) so there might have been even more of different footage.

About Rock In Rio 1985 which seemed to be little problematic show:
Bruce played his guitar during Revelations and once he waved it to get the action going on audience, he accidently hit himself on the forehead.
Here's what Bruce tells in his autobiography about the incident:
"By the time we got to "Revelations" I had put on my rather natty electric-blue Ibanez guitar.
It matched the rather stylish electric-blue acoustic Ovation that I still have.
The anger built as I tried to communicate with the engineer at the side of the stage. Hot and bothered, I wrenched the guitar off, over my head, and split my forehead open on its wooden edge.
My head was bleeding profusely as I approached the monitor board.
The engineer saw the blood and looked horrified. "****ing fix the sound - don't ****ing stand there like goldfish," I ranted.
I expect I looked like a raving lunatic, which at that moment I was. To prove a point, I smashed my guitar across the mixing desk, and it broke it halfway down the neck.
"FIX IT!" I screamed.
The sound did not improve, so I threw all the wedge monitors off the front of the stage.
Crowds love this sort of thing: they think it's show time. Sometimes it may be, but sometimes it's not. The whole spectacle was shown live on TV across millions of Latin American households.
I did a bit more singing and then went behind the amps to calm down a bit. A roadie gave me a towel to wipe the blood away from my eyes, and then another member of the crew showed up, very excited. He looked carefully at the wound.
"Rod says can you squeeze it and make it bleed some more," he said. "It looks great on the telly."
Next day, the picture was front-page news: sweaty, blood-stained me, and 300,000 new Iron Maiden fans.

I got few different edits of the Rock In Rio 1985-show, some bootleg that has the full show and during some songs Bruce nags, rants and curses to the technic during the solo-part of "The Trooper". I haven't watched the show for long time, so there might be other stuff too.
His microphone gets unplugged couple times awell. Also the show did not go as planned otherwise, during "Powerslave" the fire comes too late and Bruce had to stamp it out himself. It's funny see him stamping it there.

Anyways, can't recall if there ever was some sort of list but some of these more usual mistakes and such have been mentioned around here pretty much. This particular Belgrade gig was the start of the 3rd leg and I think has like the most little mistakes in one show. Which is surely nice and funny, because we can see/hear that even they can be nervious and lost little control on some spots

Last edited:
blaze's soundboard??
It is mentioned in Blaze's biography that Nicko played some recordings captured from the soundboard on the Virtual XI tour to Steve (Blaze had a couple of very rough performances on that tour, due to the demanding song set and some times hectic concert schedule). That, in combination with Rod pushing for a reunion, propably fueled some discussions about that something needed to change within the band. According to the Run to the Hills biography, Steve first thought that they would search for a completely new singer after Blaze, but was convinced to meet with Bruce in the fall of 1998.

Last edited:
Yep, the 2009 3rd leg of Somewhere Back In Time Tour started in Belgrade:
-Adrian starts 2 Minutes To Midnight instead of Wrathchild, the band carries on.
-Nicko randomly counts The Trooper in (21:10). Band reactions are hillarious. Then he proceeds to mess up Phantom Of The Opera at 22:20.
-And my favourite, Adrian starts playing Wasted Years instead of Trooper. Bruce tells him to get his eyes ****ing checked (28:45).
-after Hallowed Be Thy Name, Bruce thinks it's the end of the show. He says goodnight, see you later, while the band just stands there like, WTF is he doing?
After he gave so much **** to Nicko and Adrian during the show, he ****ed up in the end too.
Hallowed Be Thy Name was the last song of the set on the previous years leg of the tour, that's why Bruce must have thought that it was the last song of the evening.

You don't have to censor "fuck" here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back