The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO, the thing is that they should replace some songs to make the show more fluid :

- Death Of The Celts by The Parchment
- The Prisoner by Sea Of Madness
- Fear Of The Dark by The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
- Can I Play With Madness by Futureal
- The Trooper by Deja Vu
- The Writing On The Wall by Lost In A Lost World
Why would you replace WOTW, the catchiest song off the new album with Lost?

Just watched Bruce run down those stairs at the end of Moonchild in that Barcelona clip and went "Fuck that noise" imagining myself faceplanting down them.

IMHO, the thing is that they should replace some songs to make the show more fluid :

- Death Of The Celts by The Parchment
- The Prisoner by Sea Of Madness
- Fear Of The Dark by The Loneliness Of The Long Distance Runner
- Can I Play With Madness by Futureal
- The Trooper by Deja Vu
- The Writing On The Wall by Lost In A Lost World
I think if anything they should replace Death of the Celts with Lost in a Lost World. I think it be be a more crowd friendly song.

just watched few videos of second night in prague and nicko played better imo. despite the simplified parts, he almost played the same tempo of the sit original recordings. noticed this is stranger, wasted years and even in CSIT (he even did some double bass during the song). alexander was another song that he played hitting hard and almost in the same tempo of original.

Other thing i noticed in wasted years: the bass drum sequence in the beginning of the song is identical to the original. this is funny because nicko rarely did this part identical to the album version.

Anyway, the old grandpa is almost 71, has arthritis is his wrists for a few years and probably has a body not in 100% condition since is recently got his cancer cleared. All this angry comments about him is unfair in my opinion.

just watched few videos of second night in prague and nicko played better imo. despite the simplified parts, he almost played the same tempo of the sit original recordings. noticed this is stranger, wasted years and even in CSIT (he even did some double bass during the song). alexander was another song that he played hitting hard and almost in the same tempo of original.

Other thing i noticed in wasted years: the bass drum sequence in the beginning of the song is identical to the original. this is funny because nicko rarely did this part identical to the album version.

Anyway, the old grandpa is almost 71, has arthritis is his wrists for a few years and probably has a body not in 100% condition since is recently got his cancer cleared. All this angry comments about him is unfair in my opinion.

Agreed he is steadily getting better it seems. He might’ve been very cautious the first night with the difficulties they were having, the high workload of new songs, and not feeling 100%. Let’s hope he keeps going for a long time to come!

The thing is, we all know Nicko is old and understand it's hard to play drums for Maiden, and he sort of is excused. But it doesn’t make the performance better. If it's bad it's bad, simple as that.

He still does quite well, but I think this might be his last tour. Or next year that is. The entire band are working really hard to make it sound good now. Harder than ever. I suppose we will see. But enjoy every single gig folks. I know I will.

The thing is, we all know Nicko is old and understand it's hard to play drums for Maiden, and he sort of is excused. But it doesn’t make the performance better. If it's bad it's bad, simple as that.

He still does quite well, but I think this might be his last tour. Or next year that is. The entire band are working really hard to make it sound good now. Harder than ever. I suppose we will see. But enjoy every single gig folks. I know I will.
maybe the problem is that some people go to the concert thinking the band will deliver the same stamina they delivered in an album released almost 40 years ago. or they'll give some performance level they did until ~2016. its kinda impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back