The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love physical media, the music industry and how people consume media has completely changed the last couple of decades. Financially there isn't a big incentive for Maiden to record a show the way they used to, edit it and release it physically. For TBOS (IIRC) they used footage that was played during the show anyway, the close-ups of the various members, which resulted in continuity errors with guitars etc.
They record the audio of all shows anyway, so they have more leeway as far as that is concerned. Now, in the age of TikTok, Instagram, etc. we'll be lucky if they'll release a live album online like they did with TBOS. At least for LOTB we have some pro-shot concerts.
Maiden should sell audio files of their concerts from last 20 years. On current Springsteen tour you can preorder all concerts. I ordered Vieena concert that I will go to. I also ordered Rome concert where my friend was. Great quality. I will burn those on CD, design and print covers, so there it is. Maiden should do the same, Metallica is doing this few years, Marillion is doing this (I bought concerts that I was there). Sheriff Smalwood should do something about that, there's so much extra money lying everywhere. I would pay 25 € for HD audio for Maiden concert I was at.

Maiden should sell audio files of their concerts from last 20 years. On current Springsteen tour you can preorder all concerts. I ordered Vieena concert that I will go to. I also ordered Rome concert where my friend was. Great quality. I will burn those on CD, design and print covers, so there it is. Maiden should do the same, Metallica is doing this few years, Marillion is doing this (I bought concerts that I was there). Sheriff Smalwood should do something about that, there's so much extra money lying everywhere. I would pay 25 € for HD audio for Maiden concert I was at.
That thing which is Metallica doing is not my thing. I think it's more special to get single release with proper artwork, booklet all that shit, this thing is a bit pointless. It has meaning only if you were at a specific concert, like I would like to have professional recordning of Belgrade 22 IM show, but overall a bit pointless. For example, I think Metallica has made more money out of S&M2 CDs and DVDs than out of all "every show recorded" CDs combined.

That thing which is Metallica doing is not my thing. I think it's more special to get single release with proper artwork, booklet all that shit, this thing is a bit pointless. It has meaning only if you were at a specific concert, like I would like to have professional recordning of Belgrade 22 IM show, but overall a bit pointless. For example, I think Metallica has made more money out of S&M2 CDs and DVDs than out of all "every show recorded" CDs combined.
They should do like Boss is doing.

Or Marillion.

Oh again exuses why Maiden are not releasing video albums.

Well another bands are also part of that industry and they are releasing, streaming, selling online and doing all different stuff in terms of live releases. So no exuse for Maiden, they realised that you can ear more money from video games and beers. Fair enough for me.

Oh again exuses why Maiden are not releasing video albums.

Well another bands are also part of that industry and they are releasing, streaming, selling online and doing all different stuff in terms of live releases. So no exuse for Maiden, they realised that you can ear more money from video games and beers. Fair enough for me.
We're not excusing Maiden's behavior, we're just pointing out that it's not worth the effort from their POV for a relatively small ROI. Of course they could do so much more, but they haven't and I don't see them starting now.

For people who wants them to change setlist every show last night was again proof that for Maiden it will be a failure of show. They need time to get on track, play same set every night to sound perfect.

I dont know what is the reason, maybe lack of rehearase time, complicated songs or something else. But I am aware that this is better for band and show overall.

Perhaps they should book more time for rehearsals, but I am afraid they are unlikely to change the way they do things when they are on their victory lap.

I've always wondered one thing and I guess you've already discussed it somewhere on this forum. I wonder why is Maiden not releasing DVDs anymore? LOTB tour was THE experience, but they haven't released DVD from any leg, nor did they from TBOS tour and they probably won't from this one.

Long story short: Steve thinks there is no market for DVD releases. At least that is what he said when interviewed for the Fan Club magazine.

ΥMaiden should sell audio files of their concerts from last 20 years. On current Springsteen tour you can preorder all concerts. I ordered Vieena concert that I will go to. I also ordered Rome concert where my friend was. Great quality. I will burn those on CD, design and print covers, so there it is. Maiden should do the same, Metallica is doing this few years, Marillion is doing this (I bought concerts that I was there). Sheriff Smalwood should do something about that, there's so much extra money lying everywhere. I would pay 25 € for HD audio for Maiden concert I was at.
You lost me at Springsteen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back