The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce complained about the monitoring yesterday, it seemed the band wasn’t hearing themselves lots of times
That is true, especially in CSIT and SIASL, Bruce even gave a signal couple of times to the crew to fix it.
Also, Nicko fucked up CSIT, Hell on Earth and one more song I can not remember, Adrian fucked up The Time Machine rhythm right before Jannick’s solo

EDIT: Adrian’s guitar was too high in the mix (best heard in DOFP intro). Also Nicko was too high, while Steve too low.
That is what I heard when there.

EDIT2: There were multiple errors in rhythm in quiet intro part of Hell on Earth and Death of the Celts, obviously due to the in-ear monitoring malfunction.

Damn, The Time Machine was rough lol
They'll find their rhythm though, I've no doubts about that. What is more interesting to me is that the keyboard plays along to the "Edge Of Darkness" melody and seems to be mixed quite loudly again. I like synths, but I enjoy them more when they are mixed properly and enhance the rest of the song. Here it just sounds weird.

I've always wondered one thing and I guess you've already discussed it somewhere on this forum. I wonder why is Maiden not releasing DVDs anymore? LOTB tour was THE experience, but they haven't released DVD from any leg, nor did they from TBOS tour and they probably won't from this one.

Could someone translate, please, all the japanese writings, of the main backdrop, which are easier to see, during Heaven Can Wait?

I've always wondered one thing and I guess you've already discussed it somewhere on this forum. I wonder why is Maiden not releasing DVDs anymore? LOTB tour was THE experience, but they haven't released DVD from any leg, nor did they from TBOS tour and they probably won't from this one.
I would think this one has a higher likelihood of that happening than LoTB. The fans have been begging for Alexander and SiT for 15 years or so, and Steve and Co. have cursed that there is (almost) no footage of the SiT tour. Might just get a youtube release like TBOS, but I'm hopeful for a concert video in some shape.

I would think this one has a higher likelihood of that happening than LoTB. The fans have been begging for Alexander and SiT for 15 years or so, and Steve and Co. have cursed that there is (almost) no footage of the SiT tour. Might just get a youtube release like TBOS, but I'm hopeful for a concert video in some shape.
Yeah, they can do it now to show that they are not repeating old mistakes. Also talking about ATG thing, I'm glad they are listening to their fans and this gives me hope that they'll play more requested songs in the future. I just don't know A SINGLE SONG that comes close to ATG in terms of "requestedness". Maybe To tame a land or Only the good die young (as H said he'd like to play those one day) or even Empire of the clouds... I'd personally like to hear The nomad, Montsegur, Mother of mercy and EOTC ofc...

As much as I love physical media, the music industry and how people consume media has completely changed the last couple of decades. Financially there isn't a big incentive for Maiden to record a show the way they used to, edit it and release it physically. For TBOS (IIRC) they used footage that was played during the show anyway, the close-ups of the various members, which resulted in continuity errors with guitars etc.
They record the audio of all shows anyway, so they have more leeway as far as that is concerned. Now, in the age of TikTok, Instagram, etc. we'll be lucky if they'll release a live album online like they did with TBOS. At least for LOTB we have some pro-shot concerts.

As much as I love physical media, the music industry and how people consume media has completely changed the last couple of decades. Financially there isn't a big incentive for Maiden to record a show the way they used to, edit it and release it physically. For TBOS (IIRC) they used footage that was played during the show anyway, the close-ups of the various members, which resulted in continuity errors with guitars etc.
They record the audio of all shows anyway, so they have more leeway as far as that is concerned. Now, in the age of TikTok, Instagram, etc. we'll be lucky if they'll release a live album online like they did with TBOS. At least for LOTB we have some pro-shot concerts.
Yeah, but as a maiden nerd, I'd really like to see documentaries of those tours, behind the scenes and maybe some extra stuff. Not to get started with history part 4 thing...

I'm more than happy with it. Would I change anything? Yes, I'd swap HCW and CIPWM for Parchment. However, it's far from being a disappointment. Historic setlist.
This isn't the first time they failed to play the best song on the album. They never played Starblind and that in itself is a tragedy like not playing Alexander but hey, we got that one now lol.....

Yeah, they can do it now to show that they are not repeating old mistakes. Also talking about ATG thing, I'm glad they are listening to their fans and this gives me hope that they'll play more requested songs in the future. I just don't know A SINGLE SONG that comes close to ATG in terms of "requestedness". Maybe To tame a land or Only the good die young (as H said he'd like to play those one day) or even Empire of the clouds... I'd personally like to hear The nomad, Montsegur, Mother of mercy and EOTC ofc...
Infinite Dreams

Yeah, but as a maiden nerd, I'd really like to see documentaries of those tours, behind the scenes and maybe some extra stuff. Not to get started with history part 4 thing...
Fully agreed. The behind the scenes stuff is fascinating and I can't get enough of that stuff. Maybe we'll get some releases when the band eventually retires.
Can I just point out that everybody's complaining about Alex not being played in Greece when Maiden have yet to take any Senjutsu-related show to Japan?
While I agree with your main point, ATG has been requested by fans since the 80's and has always been a cult classic. I love Senjutsu, but it's not quite comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back