The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks like generated by AI some of them even the caught somewhere in time backdrop. Well I'm dissapointed with the stage and lightning design. I knew that they would be tight pocket with it. But I hoped something taken from 86 tour.
They could be AI generated, yes. I'm glad they didn't copy the 1986 stage. I thought the light show was great, especially in the upper half of the stage.

Is it just me or does the stage looks somehow smaller (in the amps and overall) than the LOTB one (all legs) and TBOS one? I think the 2 towers on both sides end of the stage are missing a lot.

I wonder how much of the spectacle will be lost when they start this show in broad daylight at some of the festivals and outdoors shows. The lights and screens are awesome.

With all due respect, imho, big Eddie of this tour is nothing special. One of the weaker ones.
Indeed. Is it inflatable? It looks smaller than normal. Also, why is it red? For this tour, unlike the 1986 one, they don't use many inflatables.
I wonder how much of the spectacle will be lost when they start this show in broad daylight at some of the festivals and outdoors shows.
A lot. The light show is really important. The traditional backdrops are better for daylight.

I wonder how much of the spectacle will be lost when they start this show in broad daylight at some of the festivals and outdoors shows. The lights and screens are awesome.

This type of show belongs indoors. I wouldn't want to see this out in the open daylight. I always hated seeing them in Atlanta for this. I'm glad our 2 venues in Florida are indoor arenas (Tampa and Sunrise)

No, I think the fail was by some of the guitar players who played the chorus instead the next verse
No, Bruce went straight to the “Don’t be afraid, you’re safe with me” verse which is just before the chorus (and ends with the “let yourself go”) and missed the “Can I tempt ya, come with me” verse. Band kept playing normally but Bruce didn’t sing the “Time is always on my side” because he was expecting the chorus. Then he realizes and sings again what he has just sung.

No, Bruce went straight to the “Don’t be afraid, you’re safe with me” verse which is just before the chorus (and ends with the “let yourself go”) and missed the “Can I tempt ya, come with me” verse. Band kept playing normally but Bruce didn’t sing the “Time is always on my side” because he was expecting the chorus. Then he realizes and sings again what he has just sung.
just like he did in 1986 on opening night lol sort of. I think he actually sang the 2nd verse after the solo on the first verse if I remember

Long story short: Steve thinks there is no market for DVD releases. At least that is what he said when interviewed for the Fan Club magazine.
He's not exactly wrong tho, there once was a craze where live DVDs were a popular thing and every band was doing it, not so much now days.
The days of hiring a professional film crew with a ton of cameras are over, best we will get from this tour is the usual big screen feed and probably uploaded online much like the BOS show was. Only physical format is likely to be your standard CD / Vinyl

Going through all the songs, the time machine is the one that looks like it needs more rehearsal time, lots of mistakes on that one and just didnt sound right, Bruce also seems to struggle with it more than most songs on this set, the high strain doesnt sound good at all.

He's not exactly wrong tho, there once was a craze where live DVDs were a popular thing and every band was doing it, not so much now days.
The days of hiring a professional film crew with a ton of cameras are over, best we will get from this tour is the usual big screen feed and probably uploaded online much like the BOS show was. Only physical format is likely to be your standard CD / Vinyl

I still think it is pretty sad that whenever I go to my local HMV and check the music DVD/Blu-ray section Iron Maiden releases are nowhere to be found.

Here's something that was very surprising to me:

Not a single song in the set has a backdrop with only SJ Eddie! They used a lot more backdrops with him for TBOS tour.

I really wanted a brand new artwork with him. Hell On Earth and Death Of The Celts backdrops are really cool, so I think the one for Days Of Future Past should have been different/with SJ Eddie (not the same like for The Time Machine, in which it was fitting), and especially since they used the tour poster for Wasted Years. They didn't even use the gatefold artwork!!! I think Parchment would have had a backdrop with Eddie.

IMO the backdrop for Iron Maiden wasn't necessary (especially since we had the cool new futuristic one for 3 SIT songs) and they should have used SJ Eddie (or a Japanese landsacpe, it would have been great) for it. The big Eddie was SJ after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back