The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get FOTD out and and Hallowed in, this is perfect. Bloody fucking perfect. Can't get more perfect. Perfect setlist for this tour. 50 years in.

Fuck me I love this band.
100% agree but that was the best FOTD of my entire life for sure what the fuck I was transcending my soul

Janick with acoustic guitar for the intro of Time Machine. I guess Dave (or maybe Adrian) played the electric part.

They also used Wasted Years single cover for the backdrop of it and Days Of Future Past.

Is Adrian playing in drop D on HCW? Or did he swap guitars around so the black and white Jackson isn't the dedicated drop D guitar anymore?

Is Adrian playing in drop D on HCW? Or did he swap guitars around so the black and white Jackson isn't the dedicated drop D guitar anymore?
SIT Eddie in a laser gun battle with Bruce! He thought it would be easy like with Trooper and BOS Eddies lol.

Btw, it's hard to see Bruce above the drums with this futuristic backdrop.

Start of the show is so special. First blade runner theme, tham CSIT intro, and then you realize that side screens are there for first time ever, and bum!! Show starts. And then you get hit in your face by stage production, and this is best IM stage by far. And after thst SIASL. Best show openning that I have seen on my ten different tours. Uf what amount of adrenaline hits when CIST intro starts.

I think even the most dedicated Adrian frenetic would be pleased to find out that Bruce's battle with Eddie ruins the second solo in HCW anyway so it doesn't matter who plays it. That said it's a terrible solo, always has been, always will be, and Adrian's attempt in '03 was so woeful I'm glad Jan's playing it instead.

Oh yeah and one more thing: an almost 71-year-old man is playing the drums live on Caught Somewhere in Time, one of the most demanding single foot bass drum songs in metal, certainly the most demanding in the Maiden catalogue. They open the show with it. I don't even wanna say anything. Nicko's outdone himself to the point that he cannot ever be dethroned. He's the best goddamn metal drummer there ever will be, by ability, technical finesse and longevity alone. I don't care how many machine-like double foot players the world creates. Nicko's the best and he always will be. Fuck you.
FUCK YEAH. Hear, hear!

I think even the most dedicated Adrian frenetic would be pleased to find out that Bruce's battle with Eddie ruins the second solo in HCW anyway so it doesn't matter who plays it. That said it's a terrible solo, always has been, always will be, and Adrian's attempt in '03 was so woeful I'm glad Jan's playing it instead.
I think people would drop dead if H played HCW solo too because of the awesomeness.

Jan is playing it for the greater good. We should be thankful.

So I’ve been scrolling through this picking up mentions of individual songs but has anyone posted the full set list yet?

Behind a spoiler screen of course.

Judging by the footage, Bruce's fuck up in CSiT seemed to totally throw Steve off, to the point Bruce, H and Jan all cornered him after he walked to the drum riser in a vain attempt to figure out where they were in the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back