The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they don’t
Agreed. I'm not too fond of The Prisoner and Fear Of The Dark has that "small" overplaying issue. But screw it: on one hand (and for all accounts) The Prisoner is a deep cut (and those are always welcome) and I wouldn't miss FOTD but that song is a sing along moment most people love. So yeah... IMO leave it as it is. I like it and its one of Maiden's more unpredictable setlists to date (if it wasn't the "cyborg 5 - samurai 5" hint it I bet it would caught everyone by surprise).

Iron Maiden: here's a bunch of songs we haven't played in a long time, some since the 80s, some since early 2010s, and only a small handful of classics. Also we're going against our long held practice of not debuting songs after their album tour. And also we're not going to use 2 of the songs we used previously for this album.

Fans: Yeah but you didn't play MY favourite deep cut! I don't love one of the songs you picked!

God, people are so fucking entitled.
You'd prefer people to blindly lap up everything they do? This is a forum for hardcore Maiden fans, we're bound to be pickier than most :lol:

I'm disappointed we're getting an SiT-themed tour without Sea Of Madness, Deja Vu or Lonelinesss BUT I'm beyond grateful to have CSIT and Alexander back.

Watching the CSiT video posted earlier and I'm still in disbelief. I've literally had dreams of them playing it that I've since then chucked into the "well I'm glad I could at least experience it in a dream" pile, but to see it actually happen? And even to the point my random assumptions about how they'd approach it with three guitars end up being true? What the fuck man. It's like they reached into my brain to pull out the dream show opener and then just went ahead with it.

Thinking of crossing the pond to see them at a show in England. I don’t want to wait for USA dates. Time to renew passport and use my skymiles I’ve been sitting on! Omg what a set!

You'd prefer people to blindly lap up everything they do? This is a forum for hardcore Maiden fans, we're bound to be pickier than most :lol:

I'm disappointed we're getting an SiT-themed tour without Sea Of Madness, Deja Vu or Lonelinesss BUT I'm beyond grateful to have CSIT and Alexander back.

No, it's just fucking tedious to see that whatever Maiden do, people bitch. It spoils the fun for people who are there first and foremost to enjoy the ride. They play new stuff? People scream "play classics!" They play classics? People scream "cabaret!" They even out between new stuff and classics? It's the wrong new songs and the wrong classics. You might think this is funny, but damn, you wouldn't believe how quickly it gets old.

If I've seen it right, I think the SIT & SJ Eddies on the small screens had a ''fight'' during Caught Somewhere In Time. At first I thought they were additional figures/Eddies on stage like in 1982 lol.

From what I heard they really really REALLY managed to recreate the 1986/87 Gallien Kruger guitar sound extremely proper. H is very middy on ATG and CSIT with that smooth Chorus effect. Which belongs to the very big surprises on this tour obviously. It wouldn't sound half as good with the crunchy Rock&Roll-kinda tone they had for years.

Last edited:
Bruce's outfit kinda reminds me of Till's when I got to see them in 1998. Like it.

singer-till-lindemann-of-the-german-neue-deutsche-h%C3%A4rte-band-rammstein-is-shown-performing-on.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back