The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, the band had played The Fallen Angel at a couple of gigs in 2000 (instead of The Mercenary), but Out of the Silent Planet was played for the first time at those Fan Club gigs at Shepherds Bush in London.
Wow, the idea of seeing Maiden on the form they were on back then in a venue the size of Shepherd's Bush, let's just say I'm very jealous of those fan club members.

The two things I've just never understood from the pre-tour banter.

- Futureal's happening.
- Stratego's gone.

If theming was something they're after, Futureal would have been in the set from 2010-2011.
Futureal does have a lot going for it.
-A short rocker to break up the longer epics.
-Fits the theme
-The band have always been willing to add in Blaze era material
-It has been in a bruce era set before
- Simple, short but sweet song to play with minimal effort.

What about if they do test song like LOTLDR (like in Belgrade 1986) or perhaps debut ATG but only play it once (on sunday) and then drop it from the rest dates in favor of another fan favorite?
I hope not, because if they play some rare and obscure song, it should be in the setlists for the full tour.
Just wanna mention this, because these things have happened in the setlists sometimes..not too often but still.

Last edited:
What about if they do test song like LOTLDR (like in Belgrade 1986) or perhaps debut ATG but only play it once (on sunday) and then drop it from the rest dates in favor of another fan favorite?
I hope not, because if they play some rare and obscure song, it should be in the setlists for the full tour.
Just wanna mention this, because these things have happened in the setlists sometimes..not too often but still.
I think you would be able to measure the uproar on a seismograph. If they're not convinced after weeks of rehearsal, don't bother putting it in the set, period.

I just really can't see them having 2 obscure songs in one set, no way they have LOTLDR and Alexander together. It's Maiden after all .
Once they settle in on a set during rehearsal they usually stick with it for an entire leg these days.

Reactions: Gk1
Weekend is here and it's almost showtime! Slovenia's time zone is 6 hours ahead of me. I will be working an event around the time Maiden hits the stage so I will have to check in later to find out the setlist. I'm guessing on their official website they will do what they did for LOTB in 2018?

Weekend is here and it's almost showtime! Slovenia's time zone is 6 hours ahead of me. I will be working an event around the time Maiden hits the stage so I will have to check in later to find out the setlist. I'm guessing on their official website they will do what they did for LOTB in 2018?
Was also at the first gig.

They won't play in 2023 the songs they had problems playing in 1986. Lets be realistic. Also, Stranger in a strange land should be on their list cause most of their songs are slow now. I expect no surprise. The songs they've played regularly + Alexander the Great. As for their latest album. Well, I am afraid they would go for the easy solution there too. Meaning that they would -probably- add Days fo future past and Hell on Earth. The first due to the name of the tour and the latter cause it is really easy to play and the last song to the record. I would love things to be different but I guess it is too late to hope for changes at this very late stage in their career.

I still think that ATG is too bold choice for Maiden at this stage of their career... However I expect something like Total Eclipse. Other that that all I want is great show.

I still think that ATG is too bold choice for Maiden at this stage of their career... However I expect something like Total Eclipse. Other that that all I want is great show.
I agree that Maiden have never been bold with their live choices. Then again I think that the whole point of this new tour is to play ATG.

Reactions: Yax
Be honest - with ATG or without it - 99% of us still be happy. :D I never liked ATG, so maybe that's why I refuse to accept the fact that they may play it. ;-)

As for their latest album. Well, I am afraid they would go for the easy solution there too. Meaning that they would -probably- add Days fo future past and Hell on Earth.
But Steve specifically said he is looking to play some of the more epic tracks. Plural. So at least two of the longer songs plus Days of Future Past.

But Steve specifically said he is looking to play some of the more epic tracks. Plural. So at least two of the longer songs plus Days of Future Past.
Dear Lord!!! If this is the case then I believe they would include the horrific Lost in a lost world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back