10. Hell on Earth
11. Hallowed Be Thy Name
12. Fear of the Dark
13. Iron Maiden
Encore:
1. Alexander the Great
2. Stratego
3. Wasted Years
Thought this was very plausible until the placement of encore song #2.

An even better one, more in line with Ghost is referring to, is “LOVE IN ANGER!” I can see Bruce really stirring the audience up for that one.
Yep. That reminds me of a discussion I had with a friend. We were talking about how Hell On Earth has one of Maiden's best hooks in it, and how that part isn't repeated enough. A year later it turned out that we were referring to different parts the whole time.

It says right there mate, random rumour.

I know, but there is a difference between a rumour coming from someone who works at the venue where they are rehearsing and someone who is randomly posting song titles on Facebook whilst being on the other side of the world. ;)

Last edited:
Hell On Earth is a cert. Just sayin.

Anyway, the Silent Planet/Fallen Angel chat. I don't know how many times they did it but I was at one of those gigs when they finished with them. Seemed very much like an energised band that just didnt want to stop playing. It was the pre RiR gig in London that I was at. Warm up thing.

After Planet and before Fallen Angel our beloved Bruce Bruce was in casual mode, lookin around at his band friends and he said "are we going to....?" BOOM! The band starts playing and Bruce says "fuck, I suppose we are then." And they did Fallen Angel.

Seemed quite casual and definitely an extra after the main set. Dunno how it rolled at other gigs but I think mine was maybe the first time they played them, pre South America (where I know they played those two tunes at some point).

Stranger, DOFP, Hell on earth, wasted years, Alexander will be played 100% imo. I just hope they play CSIT too. It's my favourite album opener.

Anyway, the Silent Planet/Fallen Angel chat. I don't know how many times they did it but I was at one of those gigs when they finished with them. Seemed very much like an energised band that just didnt want to stop playing. It was the pre RiR gig in London that I was at. Warm up thing.

After Planet and before Fallen Angel our beloved Bruce Bruce was in casual mode, lookin around at his band friends and he said "are we going to....?" BOOM! The band starts playing and Bruce says "fuck, I suppose we are then." And they did Fallen Angel.

Seemed quite casual and definitely an extra after the main set. Dunno how it rolled at other gigs but I think mine was maybe the first time they played them, pre South America (where I know they played those two tunes at some point).

Hell On Earth is a cert. Just sayin.

If I remember correctly, the band had played The Fallen Angel at a couple of gigs in 2000 (instead of The Mercenary), but Out of the Silent Planet was played for the first time at those Fan Club gigs at Shepherds Bush in London. Apparently, the latter was only released as a single because that was what EMI wanted (the band’s choice was Brave New World).

Both songs were the final encore for the first big Latin American gigs but at Rock in Rio they played Run to the Hills instead (and we got probably the definite live version of the song as a result of that). Always best to finish your gig with a classic hit…

at Rock in Rio they played Run to the Hills instead (and we got probably the definite live version of the song as a result of that). Always best to finish your gig with a classic hit…
Yep! Altough I always have loved, loved, loved the version from Ullevi 2005.

"We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them, plus of course a few others we know you will like!". Sorry guys but this means nothing more that Alex is going to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back