The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think DOFP is a better opener than Senjutsu. Has those hits at the beginning which could sound massive live and H's powered riff folliwing immediately. Verses are fast as are all parts except choruses.
It will work better/great for sure. Even starting from the intro (not the riff), a bit like Wildest Dreams (or like before the opening riff in Senjutsu).
Come to think of it, the calm and slow middle part was probably written with crowd participation in mind - it's basically how Bruce wrote the chorus for The Wicker Man. The chorus of DOFP will also sound huge live.

The song after it should also be fast paced so that it can start right after its outro and keep the energy going. Wasted Years, Sea Of Madness, 2 Minutes.

The song after it should also be fast paced so that it can start right after its outro and keep the energy going. Wasted Years, Sea Of Madness, 2 Minutes.
Exactly. And then they can do something like WOTW or COTD. Or keep it fast paced and play The Prisoner.

DOFP lacks that opening energy, imo
I can't agree. This is literally one of the two most energetic and upbeat songs from the album. Even the slower chorus. The Final Frontier is a similar opener.
SIASL is something I would not have imagined to be played again.
True, but it was played with the Reunion lineup and it's not a difficult deep cut to play live. Apart from Alexander, CSIT or Long Distance Runner would be even more unimaginable (a song like Infinite Dreams for example is 50/50 imo).

Yeah, if there's anything that makes me think we're definitely not getting Darkest Hour or Sea of Madness - it's this. No way Smith get's a full third (or more) of the setlist with solo or Dickinson only co-writes!
I think Sea Of Madness is a possibility, but Darkest Hour will be left in the darkness.

I'm searching for one ticket for Ljubljana gig if anyone is selling. I'll buy you a beer too. :)

Between Stranger in a Strange Land and Writing on the Wall we can at least be confident we are getting two absolute top-drawer Adrian solos in the set.
Adrian's solos are always great, his improvised live versions of some of them too. Showcase!

If we have to look only at his SJ and SIT solos: all of his SIT solos are awesome. SJ solos too (maybe with Days Of Future Past on last place, I love the 90's tone of his solo in Lost In A Lost World), I really want to hear his proggy solo in Time Machine live.
Yeah, if there's anything that makes me think we're definitely not getting Darkest Hour or Sea of Madness - it's this. No way Smith get's a full third (or more) of the setlist with solo or Dickinson only co-writes!
Good call. And that makes Time Machine a certain then? Sea Of Madness is possible, methinks. Darkest Hour probably not (like Out Of The Shaodws in 2007 or The Man Of Sorrows). Btw, TBOS tour had quite a few Smith/Dickinson or only Dickinson songs - Eternity, Speed, Death Or Glory, Powerslave, Wasted Years.

I wouldn't be surprised if 5+5 becomes 5+4 or 4+4 in reality...

It's Maiden after all.
Yeah, I’d say WY, HCW, SIASL, Alex, WOTW, DOFP, Time Machine and HoE are almost certain and then the 5th for each album is a little more uncertain or might even not happen. However, I think if they do indeed 5+4 or 4+4, the songs replacing the other ones would be slightly deeper cuts, like The Prisoner, The Clairvoyant, Phantom, maybe even Killers.

This whole 5+5 is still just presumption right? I've asked this before, but I see everyone throwing that around like it's indisputable fact.
No promises this time (like in 2007), but the hint is strong because we know Maiden likes to do this.
I wouldn't be surprised if 5+5 becomes 5+4 or 4+4 in reality...

It's Maiden after all.
If Wasted Years and Heaven Can Wait are certain, 4 is sort of odd. Yeah, if we add Stranger and Alexander or CSIT it will still be wow, but one could expect more from an ''underperformed classic album''. I wouldn't rule out 5+4. I think 5 from SJ is certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back