The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna lie, I would be very happy if they would play Rime of the Ancient Mariner instead of, let's say CSIT and Heaven Can Wait.
----------------------
Wasted Years
Stranger in a Strange Land
Alexander The Great
and Rime of the Ancient Mariner :notworthy:

because, You know.... Rime was played on original Somewhere On Tour :D

Not gonna lie, I would be very happy if they would play Rime of the Ancient Mariner instead of, let's say CSIT and Heaven Can Wait.
----------------------
Wasted Years
Stranger in a Strange Land
Alexander The Great
and Rime of the Ancient Mariner :notworthy:

because, You know.... Rime was played on original Somewhere On Tour :D
Wishes aside, let’s return to epic songs from albums this tour is based on, unfortunately Rime drops right away. There will be no place if they play those epics from SJ and SIT, such as SIASL, HCW, Hell, Time Machine etc

The Prisoner was great in 2013. And it’s not too difficult to sing.
It is also one of my favourite Maiden songs of all time. :edmetal:

Funnily enough I saw it live for the first time on the Accident of Birth tour (same can be said about Powerslave and Run to the Hills). I will never forget Adrian’s happy face when the audience started screaming Patrick McGoohan’s words when the intro was played through the PA. Happy memories!

This whole 5+5 is still just presumption right? I've asked this before, but I see everyone throwing that around like it's indisputable fact.

When they first released the tour teaser with the whole 5 Cyborg, 5 Samurai thing it just lead to the obvious conclusion they would be doing 5 from each respective album, But it has never been confirmed or promised as such and basically open to speculation . It wouldnt surprise me either it it ended up being a 4-5-6 split once they really started working through what they want to play

I’d like to make a tenuous clam to possibly why this tour is happening….
I met and fenced Bruce on the fencing circuit several times last year, and told him that I thought Senjutsu was classic Maiden, and a logical follow up to Somewhere In Time.
Low and behold, this tour is announced several months later!

I seriously can’t wait.
Maiden forever.

I’d like to make a tenuous clam to possibly why this tour is happening….
I met and fenced Bruce on the fencing circuit several times last year, and told him that I thought Senjutsu was classic Maiden, and a logical follow up to Somewhere In Time.
Low and behold, this tour is announced several months later!

I seriously can’t wait.
Maiden forever.
Doesn't sound too appetizing. How to you make them? Steamed, boiled, fried? :D

The Prisoner is a great pick! Hope it's legit. Loved it in 2012, it's a good rocker that is rare enough to sound fresh whenever they bring it out. I assume one or two songs that aren't from either album or one of the usual suspects (NOTB, Fear, etc). I had Children of the Damned picked, but The Prisoner plays essentially the same role. I don't see it replacing any of NOTB/Iron Maiden/FOTD/Hallowed. It could potentially mean only four songs from either SIT or Senjutsu, but that always seemed plausible to me.

It would also mean that the leaked setlist is definitely fake, which I also really hope is true as I am pretty lukewarm on the Senjutsu choices.

It very well could be legit, Bruce has recently said he wants to do it again.
It's also very plausable if they do chose the 4-5-6 combo that the SIT songs are Stranger, HCW, Wasted Years and Alexander.
Open the show with Future Past and eliminate the need for CSIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back