The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think including a run of classics in a tour is ever a bad idea. Maiden doesn't rotate setlists at all, and they're going to play a bunch of songs from a new album, plus a bunch of songs from an album they never play from...why are we complaining?
Once more for the people in back!

Given that we will most likely get 3 deep cuts from SIT (along with Wasted Years + HCW which fall into the 'frequently played but non-staple' category) and at least 3 as yet unplayed Senjutsu songs (Writing on the Wall will stay in for sure), I think it's pretty set in stone that the Big Five (Trooper, FOTD, NOTB, Iron Maiden, Hallowed) will be here to stay, but I see RTTH getting dropped after being prominent throughout the entire Legacy run. I suspect it might be replaced with a Paul-era track, the dreaded Wrathchild or maybe Running Free to close the show.
I dread Running Free more than Wrathchild. Wrathchild’s fun, and I’ve missed it on my two sets. Meanwhile, I did see Running Free and the big speech in the middle was a big buzzkill. Would LOVE to see Sanctuary, ngl.

I’m wondering why we as a fanbase are considering a 16th track though. Considering two of the last three tours have only been 15 songs long, I’d think with any combination from Celts/Parchment/Hell plus the likelihood of Alexander and, I’m willing to bet, Time.Machine, I’m going with this is easily a 15 song setlist.

It is likely that the 5+5 songs from SiT and Senjutsu consumed much of their efforts over reharsal periods. So when it comes to the classics, they will stick to more conservative picks. Deep cuts are unlikely (Futureal, OTGDY). In the end of the day, I believe it will be IM, FOTD, Hallowed and one between Trooper and TNOTB. This leads space for one alternative classic, which I assume is the return of either TETMD, Children or 2 Minutes.
Yeah, I think this is the most likely scenario. I think we'll have a 7th Son song because we hadn't on this last leg of LOTB (and not even on TBOS 16/17), perhaps even The Clairvoyant.

If I was Maiden, I would do these changes:

1) Drop TNOTB and play The Prisoner or Children Of The Damned instead.

2) Drop The Trooper and play Flight Of Icarus instead as the show closer.

3) Would keep Hallowed and FOTD, as they are unmovable.

4) Iron Maiden is played... Because... Reasons.

5) The remaining 2 non-SIT/Senjutsu slots are filled with 2 Minutes and Clairvoyant.

... But I'm not Iron Maiden and this is pure fan fiction.
I would drop Run to the Hills and replace it with Children of the Damned
I would replace The Trooper with Still Life
I would replace FOTD with The Clairvoyant or Only the Good Die Young. We have Heaven Can Wait as the audience sing-along song.

Just listened to it and thought the same. When it finally goes double time at the end, I was like... "why the hell isn't that part a few minutes earlier
Because Steve needed more lyrics before that, I guess.
Found another likely fake setlist on Setlist FM just now. Not gonna lie, if it does turn out this way, I’d be impressed.

Cool setlist, not a good song sequence, 17 songs(!), no Hallowed, but with 22...
I realistically hope that it's the good middle-ground we got on the past couple of tours as well: some classics remain, some go, 1-2 more "unexpected" cuts.
That's really possible, methinks.
So Trooper, FOTD, Iron Maiden, HBTN, NOTB are all practically guaranteed.
I think only 1 of them (Number or Hallowed) will be dropped. Maybe two, who knows, but that's less likely.
Why does Fear of the Dark seem to be such a huge deal anyway? It’s the title track of an album that commonly ranks towards the bottom of ranking lists and it wasn’t really all that great on the album, so why has it taken on such a life live that it just does not go away, even on Legacy tours like SBIT and Maiden England?
Really? The song live is just an amazing experience.
I’m wondering why we as a fanbase are considering a 16th track though. Considering two of the last three tours have only been 15 songs long, I’d think with any combination from Celts/Parchment/Hell plus the likelihood of Alexander and, I’m willing to bet, Time.Machine, I’m going with this is easily a 15 song setlist.
15 songs at most. 16 with Wrathchild/Futureal.

Actually, say they did drop Trooper, Fear, Maiden and either Beast or Hallowed. I think there are several alternate t could make the cut instead. Wrathchild and Evil That Men Do come to mind…
Wrathchild, 2 Minutes, Prisoner, Children Of The Damned, Clairvoyant (a 7th Son song is very likely I guess), Brave New World, Running Free, Sanctuary. I think these are the most likely candidates. If they have to be more ''adventurous'' - Futureal, Total Eclipse. That's it.

Some outdoor gigs start earlier because of the curfew.

Arena gigs are always 20:50 or so.
It was an indoor show, La Defense Arena. I was surprised they started so early, as well as a few thousands other dudes who were standing in line for a beer or a piss.

...And a word of Warning for visually sensitive - an esthete - fans. You know, when band will start to play Alexander The Great, Bruce will emerge on stage wearing only good ole tunic. No trousers just a man's hairy legs, like it was in ancient Greece. You better be prepared. :ninja:

Last edited:
...And a word of Warning for more visually sensitive - an esthete - fans. You know, when band will start to play Alexander The Great, Bruce will emerge on stage wearing only good ole tunic. No trousers just a man's hairy legs, like it was in ancient Greece. You better be prepared. :ninja:
Then I am happy not being a the bareer this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back