The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think they'll drop at least run to the hills

They most likely do. The last time it was played on a "album tour" was... 2007 and it's a lot more likely to get dropped than The Number of the Beast, for example. I wish that the rather great renditions of various classic staples like The Trooper and Fear of the Dark with all their theatrics on LOTB tour is seen as a good excuse to bench some of them this time, but I'd expect we'll get three of them or so. Maybe 2 Minutes to Midnight comes back, The Number of the Beast probably stays and two from the Hallowed-Fear-Trooper trio will probably get played as well. The Trooper, I believe, might sit (heh) this one out, but...

Most likely not?

Actually, say they did drop Trooper, Fear, Maiden and either Beast or Hallowed. I think there are several alternate t could make the cut instead. Wrathchild and Evil That Men Do come to mind…

Very torn as to whether to look at the setlist before hand or go in blind, but I think even if I stay off of forums I will see spoilers on social media, Youtube etc. and I can't really be bothered to hide and unfollow all the metal news pages in advance.

In think they will drop:
The Trooper
The Number of the Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run to the Hills
No chance they drop all 4. But they will likely drop 2 of those.

RTTH surely won't be played and NOTB might get a rest. But considering the song lengths of SIT and Senjutsu material, maybe Hallowed is dropped and TNOTB played.

No chance in hell Trooper is dropped. The only scenario I can see it happening is if they keep Flight Of Icarus in and let that song represent Piece Of Mind.

So, all in all, I'd say they'll drop 2 of those.

If I was Maiden, I would do these changes:

1) Drop TNOTB and play The Prisoner or Children Of The Damned instead.

2) Drop The Trooper and play Flight Of Icarus instead as the show closer.

3) Would keep Hallowed and FOTD, as they are unmovable.

4) Iron Maiden is played... Because... Reasons.

5) The remaining 2 non-SIT/Senjutsu slots are filled with 2 Minutes and Clairvoyant.

... But I'm not Iron Maiden and this is pure fan fiction.

Why does Fear of the Dark seem to be such a huge deal anyway? It’s the title track of an album that commonly ranks towards the bottom of ranking lists and it wasn’t really all that great on the album, so why has it taken on such a life live that it just does not go away, even on Legacy tours like SBIT and Maiden England?

Found another likely fake setlist on Setlist FM just now. Not gonna lie, if it does turn out this way, I’d be impressed.

I'd call that fake just from the "Encore 2"
The only reason they did that last year was because of the spitfire. There's literally zero reason to do it again.

It is likely that the 5+5 songs from SiT and Senjutsu consumed much of their efforts over reharsal periods. So when it comes to the classics, they will stick to more conservative picks. Deep cuts are unlikely (Futureal, OTGDY). In the end of the day, I believe it will be IM, FOTD, Hallowed and one between Trooper and TNOTB. This leads space for one alternative classic, which I assume is the return of either TETMD, Children or 2 Minutes.

Very torn as to whether to look at the setlist before hand or go in blind, but I think even if I stay off of forums I will see spoilers on social media, Youtube etc. and I can't really be bothered to hide and unfollow all the metal news pages in advance.
I'm struggling with this, I'd basically need to avoid all social media for a month. Not sure if it's doable really.

I don't think there's any chance of the live staples being dropped.

Maiden are famously lazy when it comes to setlists, needing to relearn 5 SiT and 5 Senjutsu songs is enough work already. They're also very aware that every show is someones first, so the most popular songs HAVE to be played.

So Trooper, FOTD, Iron Maiden, HBTN, NOTB are all practically guaranteed.

I don't think including a run of classics in a tour is ever a bad idea. Maiden doesn't rotate setlists at all, and they're going to play a bunch of songs from a new album, plus a bunch of songs from an album they never play from...why are we complaining?

I'm struggling with this, I'd basically need to avoid all social media for a month. Not sure if it's doable really.

Impossible to avoid the setlist for me as I have promised my daughter that I will create a playlist for her so she can learn the songs before the London gig.

Given that we will most likely get 3 deep cuts from SIT (along with Wasted Years + HCW which fall into the 'frequently played but non-staple' category) and at least 3 as yet unplayed Senjutsu songs (Writing on the Wall will stay in for sure), I think it's pretty set in stone that the Big Five (Trooper, FOTD, NOTB, Iron Maiden, Hallowed) will be here to stay, but I see RTTH getting dropped after being prominent throughout the entire Legacy run. I suspect it might be replaced with a Paul-era track, the dreaded Wrathchild or maybe Running Free to close the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back