The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on a recent concert I went to, I have the feeling that Death of the Celts will be in the setlist, maybe in place of The Parchment.

And I also think it will be a much better song live than in the studio.

So guys, I’ve been all into making my second Iron Maiden waistcoat with tons of patches (second one because the first was stolen on IM LOTB in Zagreb back in 2018, I had too much beer, nevermind).

So far I have collected the following patches:
  • Somewhere in Time
  • Days of Future Past
  • Senjutsu back artwork
  • Senjutsu front artwork, back (big one)
  • IRON MAIDEN logo
  • IRON MAIDEN logo
  • Maiden England 88
  • Powerslave
  • Fear of the Dark single
  • No Prayer for the Dying
  • Number of the Beast
  • AMOLAD
  • Killers
  • The Trooper single
  • SSOASS
  • AMOLAD Eddie
So what do you suggest: how should I position them? I was thinking all the Senjutsu on the back, but I got only three of them (one big for back, and two small 10x10 cm).

The waistcoat is black.
Any ideas?
No Senjutsu on the back, if you have the big one there. So on front, one Senjutsu on each side of the waistcoat.
Combine patches with full background with those who have no background or are fairly simplistic (AMOLAD Eddie for example.)
Iron Maiden logo goes above front pockets, one on each side.
Avoid patching them on the side of the waistcoat, only front and back.

At least that's how I would have done.
Have fun!

I would love to hear The Parchment and Death of the Celts played during the tour. I do not think that Senjutsu and Stratego work that well live. While WOTW was kind of great though!

For sure. Death Of The Celts, along with the other long epics from the album, are meant to shine live (Hell On Earth and Parchment both ways).
I would love to hear The Parchment and Death of the Celts played during the tour. I do not think that Senjutsu and Stratego work that well live.
I would love to hear every song from the album live, Celts is high on my list.

I think Senjutsu sounded good live, probably not that good as an opener due to its length. Stratego was good too, but the studio version is perfect.

Based on a recent concert I went to, I have the feeling that Death of the Celts will be in the setlist, maybe in place of The Parchment.

I think it would be great, coz I honestly find Parchment a bit of a snoozefest. Glad a lot of people like it, but it’s a lot of sitting in one place going nowhere for me.

I think it would be great, coz I honestly find Parchment a bit of a snoozefest. Glad a lot of people like it, but it’s a lot of sitting in one place going nowhere for me.
Just listened to it and thought the same. When it finally goes double time at the end, I was like... "why the hell isn't that part a few minutes earlier and why aren't there some lyrics"

I like The Parchment quite a bit, but it is literally the only Maiden song where I really felt its length. Usually I'm a big fan of long songs and my favorites (even outside Maiden) tend to be epics. With TP (heh) around the 8-minute mark or so I always think "man, how much is still left? This drags a bit". The fast bit should have been earlier.

Found another likely fake setlist on Setlist FM just now. Not gonna lie, if it does turn out this way, I’d be impressed.

Man, TLOTLDR is a 10/10 song, but Total Eclipse is one of the three worst songs in the entire Maiden catalogue, so I'd be extremely conflicted lol

Man, TLOTLDR is a 10/10 song, but Total Eclipse is one of the three worst songs in the entire Maiden catalogue, so I'd be extremely conflicted lol
I actually go the other way. TLOTLDR is one of the weaker songs from SiT for me, where Total Eclipse is one of the best bangers from the Beast album and I’d love to hear it!

Found another likely fake setlist on Setlist FM just now. Not gonna lie, if it does turn out this way, I’d be impressed.

Dvorana Kodeljevo... LMAO.

Fake. They will be rehearsing in Stožice from Wednesday on or so. Likely they are doing final run throughs in Lora Hall in Split today.

Knowing Maiden, the likely timeline is:

Monday, Tuesday - Final rehearsals in Split
Wednesday - travel/setup day
Thursday, Friday and maybe Saturday - Production rehearsals in Stožice

Same mate. Seeing as though I’ve kinky been lucky enough to see Wasted Years from the two featured albums, that leaves a solid 9 somgs for me to see for the first time. Add Futureal or even Sanctuary like has been discussed, it just multiplies. God, I hope they add some Aussie shows before they call it a tour this time.

There is always some shroud of mystery around the new Maiden tour, but aside from a handful of most popular and likely cuts from the two albums in focus, it's rather tricky to guess which path they'll choose... Is it, like some of the more pessimistic guesses suggest, the 5+5 and a handful of most obvious classics, or do they see Somewhere in Time itself as a big enough selling point in the classics department and utilize the opportunity to include some not-so-overplayed gems there, e.g The Prisoner, Phantom of the Opera and maybe something even more out there, who knows.

I hope that it's the latter.

I realistically hope that it's the good middle-ground we got on the past couple of tours as well: some classics remain, some go, 1-2 more "unexpected" cuts.

I absolutely loved not knowing the whole setlist beforehand for the first gig of 2018 (first time I did that with Maiden, or any band with rather standard setlist structures) so I'll try to do it this time as well... Fortunately there's only one week between the start of the tour and the first show I'll attend (Tampere, Saturday 3.6)!

After that I'll come here and read how the forum reacted to the setlist reveal on the first night, hehe.

There’s so many possibilities. I’d like them to do something different with the classics instead of being the main five perma-staples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back