The Future Past tour 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
334586144_934905731165017_3753253911811835775_n.jpg

Just sayin.

Ending the show with a new song is not a common thing for Maiden. Hell On Earth's outro is not fitting for this, the only new song that has a chance to be in this position. You need a song that ends with a bang so the band can extend it (like DOFP though).

I meant a bit more live-ready song than Parchment. Hell On Earth will also work great imo.
When Out of the Silent Planet closed its various shows in 2001, I think that was because they didn't know where else to really put the song in the set.

I think nowadays they're more keen on just ending the show on a fan favorite. Send everybody home happy with Wasted Years or Hallowed.

@ 1:41, this is a sign that Maiden will play this song on The Future Past Tour
Simon Gallup is one great bassist and his basslines really form nice lines. I love The Cure. One of my favorites.
It sounded really cool as he played that little part of Death Of The Celts.
Anyways, kinda nice and even if I had seen some concert footage, I think I had missed this clip, but I do remember him wearing Iron Maiden shirt on some shows.

When Out of the Silent Planet closed its various shows in 2001, I think that was because they didn't know where else to really put the song in the set.

I think nowadays they're more keen on just ending the show on a fan favorite. Send everybody home happy with Wasted Years or Hallowed.
Yeah, weird ending a show on The Fallen Angel and Out of the Silent Planet. Would make more sense playing them right after Brave New World in the set.

Imo, encore hits the best when well known songs are played. To uplift and to end a show on a high note. To singalong and to cheer. This may be simplistic or play classics approach, but I like it.
Run to the Hills, Wasted Years, Running Free etc.

This morning when I was riding bike to work, it actually occurred to me, that how awesome would energetic song like The Wicker Man sound?
It has been in the setlists for few tours and so, but I think it just always brings that energy and feeling present.
And I kept going through the different setlists that I had witnessed in my shows through the years, for example the 2010 setlist (and if not even the 2011 version) was great and didn't only contain older songs so it felt fresh back in the day. Still remember Pori Sonisphere and it was such a long day, but eventually Maiden kicked serious ass..

Days of Future Past to close show
I guess you have better sources than in 2018?

This morning when I was riding bike to work, it actually occurred to me, that how awesome would energetic song like The Wicker Man sound?
It has been in the setlists for few tours and so, but I think it just always brings that energy and feeling present.
And I kept going through the different setlists that I had witnessed in my shows through the years, for example the 2010 setlist (and if not even the 2011 version) was great and didn't only contain older songs so it felt fresh back in the day. Still remember Pori Sonisphere and it was such a long day, but eventually Maiden kicked serious ass..
Love The Wicker Man, but I do think it's too soon to bring it back. The only song that got dropped for last year that I can plausibly see making a return is The Evil That Men Do as I see the Seventh Son record getting a nod as one of the 5-6 'classics.'

Just sayin.
Might as well be Total Eclipse, after all of Bruce's comments about it. It would be a BIG surprise.
Planets might be a Futureal hint too! This detail is from the Derek Riggs version!
View attachment 27130
The planet can be found on SIT full cover.

I don't know why they played them last. They could have played them between two epics and before one. I agree with your second comment.
(and if not even the 2011 version) was great and didn't only contain older songs so it felt fresh back in the day.
I liked that the 2011 setlist had more newer songs. It would be curious if they play The Wicker Man again someday. Too soon?
Love The Wicker Man, but I do think it's too soon to bring it back. The only song that got dropped for last year that I can plausibly see making a return is The Evil That Men Do as I see the Seventh Son record getting a nod as one of the 5-6 'classics.'
The Evil That Men Do is not an easy song to play live. Clairvoyant is more likely.

You guys are really serious about this Futureal thing, huh?

Just promise me that when Maiden don't play it, don't blame them. Accept that you've been reading into meaningless tour poster details.
The two things I've just never understood from the pre-tour banter.

- Futureal's happening.
- Stratego's gone.

If theming was something they're after, Futureal would have been in the set from 2010-2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back