The Fallen Angel

How good is The Fallen Angel on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: The Fallen Angel

10/10. There are no weak points on BNW whatsoever. The whole thing is utterly amazing from start to finish.

Severely overlooked track in my opinion. I also added this song to my "10 songs to make an album" list. In my opinion its one of their better recent uptempo rockers, mabe also the heaviest. it surpasses Different World, The Final Frontier and others in the same vein. Maybe only second to Wickerman.

Re: Daily Song: The Fallen Angel

Jeffmetal said:
9. Lizzy inspired intro
I'm not too familiar with Lizzy, is there a song in particular like that?

It's vaguely reminiscent of Massacre, a song which Maiden also covered on the Can I Play With Madness single. But other than that... no, it just sounds like Lizzy, Jeff is right.

I really like this song. For me, it's a 8/10. I like that arrogant, crunchy riff and the epic chorus. It's always quite uplifting to listen to this song  :rocker:

Perun said:
It's vaguely reminiscent of Massacre, a song which Maiden also covered on the Can I Play With Madness single. But other than that... no, it just sounds like Lizzy, Jeff is right.
I need to listen to more Lizzy.

Wow those were awesome. Didn't think they could get that heavy with Emerald. I am definitely gonna check out Jailbreak

Lizzy has become one of my favourite bands in the course of the last two years.

6 out of 10... This tune is the low point of the album for me, but I can't say I dislike it. I usually listen to BNW in it's entirety, so I hear it a lot, but it's never been a favorite.

Twin brother song of The Mercenary. I like this song a little more (particularly the chorus), but it gets the same rating as its twin brother song - 8/10.

The most underrated song on the album, and I don't understand that at all!

For me, the song is inspired, focused and it's rocking! The main riff is heavy, and the chorus is great, especially with the added lick in the background.
Bruce performance is great, and I don't understand the criticism on the vocals. That, together with the lyrics, is a powerful combo. Bruce really developed himself as a vocalist during his solo career, and I hear inspiration from The Chemical Wedding on this one especially.
The solos are fresh, and the key changes/tonality changes between each solo makes each solist stick out (An idea that the band used several times after this).

An underrated gem in my ears, and a better song then The Wickerman in my opinion.

8/10

Back