1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Fallen Angel

Discussion in 'Brave New World' started by Anonymous, Apr 5, 2004.

?

How good is The Fallen Angel on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

5.7%
  2. 9

14.3%
  3. 8

20.0%
  4. 7

34.3%
  5. 6

17.1%
  6. 5

5.7%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

2.9%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jupz

Jupz Ancient Mariner

Re: Daily Song: The Fallen Angel

2. Wyrdskein

Wyrdskein Invader

10/10. There are no weak points on BNW whatsoever. The whole thing is utterly amazing from start to finish.

3. SixesAlltheway

SixesAlltheway Yacht Rock

Severely overlooked track in my opinion. I also added this song to my "10 songs to make an album" list. In my opinion its one of their better recent uptempo rockers, mabe also the heaviest. it surpasses Different World, The Final Frontier and others in the same vein. Maybe only second to Wickerman.

4. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

It's actually a 6,5 in my book but I gave it a 7 there.

5. Mosh

Mosh The years just pass like trains Staff Member

I'm not too familiar with Lizzy, is there a song in particular like that?

6. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

It's vaguely reminiscent of Massacre, a song which Maiden also covered on the Can I Play With Madness single. But other than that... no, it just sounds like Lizzy, Jeff is right.

7. portermoresby

portermoresby Trooper

I really like this song. For me, it's a 8/10. I like that arrogant, crunchy riff and the epic chorus. It's always quite uplifting to listen to this song  :rocker:

8. Mosh

I need to listen to more Lizzy.

9. mckindog

mckindog Living for Sanctuary from the law Staff Member

10. Mosh

Wow those were awesome. Didn't think they could get that heavy with Emerald. I am definitely gonna check out Jailbreak

11. Perun

Perun Climbing like a monkey Staff Member

Lizzy has become one of my favourite bands in the course of the last two years.

12. Taker

Taker Cannon Fodder

6 out of 10... This tune is the low point of the album for me, but I can't say I dislike it. I usually listen to BNW in it's entirety, so I hear it a lot, but it's never been a favorite.

13. Onhell

Onhell Mexican Revolutionary

One of the weakest on the album and their career... 5 because of the good energy.

14. Night Prowler

Night Prowler ɹǝlʍoɹԀ ʇɥƃᴉN Staff Member

Twin brother song of The Mercenary. I like this song a little more (particularly the chorus), but it gets the same rating as its twin brother song - 8/10.

15. Fugazi

Fugazi Alchemist

8/10, a simple song but a very catchy tune, good performances, like the melodies.

16. bearfan

bearfan Ancient Mariner

Solid song with a good chorus, but it has never struck me as anything special  I give it 7

17. 7. Good song. Great chorus and solo. This song seems just kinda average though.

18. Revelations85

Revelations85 Trooper

I voted 7/10. Catchy and I love the vocals. I would say more towards an 8, actually.

19. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

A promising song that suffers from odd vocal performance. Great chorus, especially the lead layer. The first triple solo!

20. Eddieson

Eddieson Nomad

The most underrated song on the album, and I don't understand that at all!

For me, the song is inspired, focused and it's rocking! The main riff is heavy, and the chorus is great, especially with the added lick in the background.
    Bruce performance is great, and I don't understand the criticism on the vocals. That, together with the lyrics, is a powerful combo. Bruce really developed himself as a vocalist during his solo career, and I hear inspiration from The Chemical Wedding on this one especially.
    The solos are fresh, and the key changes/tonality changes between each solo makes each solist stick out (An idea that the band used several times after this).

An underrated gem in my ears, and a better song then The Wickerman in my opinion.

8/10

Bombusbombus likes this.