The Fallen Angel

How good is The Fallen Angel on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A really thunderous intro leads into a decent riff that leads into a great verse that leads to a great pre-chorus that leads to a great chorus. This song is really strong and features some great lyrics and a great performance from all involved. It's a great rocker, all-told. 9

Exploding start to the song, heavy riff, the verses are good, the pre-chorus is even better and the chorus is great. Awesome guitar fills under the chorus by Dave. Powerful drumming and all solos are great (love the start of Adrian's solo). The long note at the end by Bruce is top-notch too. Overall, this is a great short rocker. 9/10

love the many flashbacks to Killers throughout this steely, fleeting gem of a banger.

The Fallen Angel seemed filler-ish upon first listen, but as time went by its stature grew - as it stands nearly 20 years since my first listen, its placement is perfect (between the many epics on the album) and the riffage and Bruce's harmonized/layered vocals in the chorus are always a delight.

9/10

Hi, I've reopened this song for voting, after resetting the votes.

Please add your vote for this song and consider the following tips:

• Try to be consistent across the Iron Maiden catalogue. Don't vote based on the place on the album, but the place in the overall catalogue.
  • 1 should be the worst Iron Maiden songs, 10 should be the best. You can have lots of 10s and 1s as you see fit.
  • Don't vote based on other people's votes. IE, if you think a song is overrated, don't give it a 1 or 2 just because you think it's getting "too high" of votes.

6/10

Good rocker! While it sadly kinda fades in my memory more often than not, it's clearly at the top of the game when it comes to that category of Maiden songs. It's a pure blast when it's on. I feel sorry for not being able to like it more, but that's the unfortunate thing about opinions and what sticks and doesn't stick in your head.

6/10

Good rocker! While it sadly kinda fades in my memory more often than not, it's clearly at the top of the game when it comes to that category of Maiden songs. It's a pure blast when it's on. I feel sorry for not being able to like it more, but that's the unfortunate thing about opinions and what sticks and doesn't stick in your head.
Yes, it's crazy. It's somehow so easy to forget, yet absolutely on the same level as the rest here. I expected to give it a much lower rating because of that (gave it 8), but then it comes on and I just couldn't. Schrödinger's Filler.

This is the favorite from BNW and one of my top reunion songs. I consider the solos section with the drums to introduce each guitarist very innovative and it was quite thrilling to hear all three amigos -the first Maiden song to feature all three.
This is exactly the style of songs I'd wish Maiden were writing more often.

Great song with fantastic energy throughout and an absolute earworm of a chorus, especially in the later iterations with the added guitars underneath. I personally prefer it to The Wicker Man.

This. Fucking. Song. Let’s take all the things we love about classic Maiden, Bruce’s solo albums with Roy Z and Adrian, and some Thin Lizzy for good measure, and you get one of the heaviest, catchiest, and awesome Maiden rockers in their career. I really don’t understand how this song gets slept on. The riffing is insane, the chorus (and the accompanying harmonies) are fantastic. Those little diminished guitar runs are so cool and really outside what Maiden had done before. This takes the 80s metal formula and actually adds new things. The lyrics are also really cool. Very similar vibe to Wicker Man, but with more biblical references. Also that three guitar attack! I actually think this song is ever so slightly better than The Wicker Man.

Let’s take all the things we love about classic Maiden, Bruce’s solo albums with Roy Z and Adrian...
I've always thought that this song could fit in The Chemical Wedding album, which is kind of strange since the song is written by Adrian and Steve.

Back