"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
....So if I read a review of the specific type I know that me and the reviewer have completely different views on what is good! So a good TBOS review leaves me puzzled!

The the reviews are absolutely amazing for the album.
Weakest song seems to be Speed of Light
I cant wait to hear this monster of an album

@Mosh
I'm kinda curious: what kind of discussion is it your looking for before the album's come out? I mean, what was all the chat before TFF's release? The way I see it, is right now (pre-release) there is very little to actually talk about. Old & new members are just filling the forum with noise. (Which is fine, btw.) I only joined around TFF's release, so can't really compare with what's happening right now; but I do agree there's been a phenomenal amount of girning.

Definitely.

Hype is unreal and people want to talk about it. I say that reading these reviews, it's either

1) Rod paid everyone in the industry to lie
2) This shit is really good.

I'd say number two.

I think members have contributed more than just noise. There are various reviews and their translations here that didnt appear out of thin air.
Okay, I perhaps didn't word that very well. I mean, nobody (as you'd expect) has posted at length about the merits or otherwise of the album itself in terms of its musical content; the kind of deeper/serious discussion that I'm guessing Mosh might have been alluding to (as lacking). One would expect more though-out considered posting of this nature in the relevant threads once everyone has listened to it. However, this is as expected. There's been lots of general chitchat; I'm certainly part of that too. I'm just not sure what else Mosh (who I was aiming the questions at) expects/wants to read, here in this or related threads, in the build up.

Last edited:
Definitely.

Hype is unreal and people want to talk about it. I say that reading these reviews, it's either

1) Rod paid everyone in the industry to lie
2) This shit is really good.

I'd say number two.

I personally think it was number 1 for some of the initial reviews however.

Dunno, maybe he didn't paid for reviews but they were too affraid to write something bad beacuse, well, it's maiden. But at this point I think that majority of opinions is genuine. Question is - after how many hours of listening they write those reviews.

It's feels good to be a Iron Maiden fan these days! :D. Soon we have a new fresh maiden album to listen to again and again and again and again.Anyway,after listening to SOL many times and reading the reviews i think
TBOS going to be the best since Seventh son.

This is how i personally rank all Maiden albums and i hope that TBOS are going
to stay there between Killers and Brave New World (I'm almost sure it will).
If it's better than Seventh son I'm going to pass out!:scared:

• The Number of the Beast 10
• Iron Maiden 9,9
• Piece of Mind 9,9
• Powerslave 9,8
• Somewhere in Time 9,5
• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 9,4
• Killers 9,3
• The Book of Souls 9,2
• Brave New World 9,0
• A Matter of Life and Death 8,7
• Dance of Death 8
• The Final Frontier 7,4
• No Prayer for the Dying 5
• Fear of the Dark 4,9
• The X Factor 2,5
• Virtual XI 1,7

So Im looking to buy the vinyl edition next week. On amazon, the only thing available is the UK import for $70. The Maiden site has it for the US for $29.99.

Ideally, Id like to buy the album at a local record shop. Does anyone know whether that will indeed be an option?

We need to do something with this BNW album. Can we agree that no matter what one thinks of it...we just neglect it when ranking the albums?

It is always UNREASONABLY high in the rankings.

:hello:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back