"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I see more excitement than complaining and this thread has a LOT more views that the TFF thread did so it's definitely getting a lot more action.

atTs1O5.jpg
Not that it makes a huge difference, but one difference between then and now is that we've managed to keep most discussion to a single thread, there were a few TFF threads from what I remember. Including the infamous pop my clogs thread.

Not that it makes a huge difference, but one difference between then and now is that we've managed to keep most discussion to a single thread, there were a few TFF threads from what I remember. Including the infamous pop my clogs thread.
Yeah, I know. I just feel like we have more new members and I feel like I'm posting more than I did then.

I'll take your word for it since you were obviously more active for that thread than I was. :p

But I do stand by my saying that there's way more whining this time.

Edit: of course that doesn't mean this cycle has been devoid of good discussions. I've read some great interesting posts on here both from old members and new members. And that stuff has made it well worth shifting through junk.

There has yet to be a negative review, or even one that is marginally critical.
I think maiden has reached that point where their career has given them unanimous respect and a lot of room for error.

I think a lot of the new members are maiden fans who don't like the reunion era as much as the forum core does.
They complain to steel themselves for their likely disappointment.
It's a shame they are bringing the excitement level down, but that's life on the Internet.

The exact IESF translation goes like this:

Mid-speed, with hard rock orchestration over a galoping bass. Great articulation from Bruce, he sounds with an appetite. I noted that this might be cause it is his own song byt he sounds really good in the whole album. The bridges are not done - I think he means- effortlessly as they did when Maiden where in their 20s, but they gain what they lost with the "wrathchild" fest, the power metal like vibe and the fact that the solo filters many different Maiden vibes. The joker card here is Bruce's demonic voice towards the end of the song, This could be used as an intro to an atmospheric/epic song during a concert....or as an intro to a speeding song,

The 3rd and 4th song review translation:
3. "The Great Unknown" (Smith, Harris 6:37)
The dice have been thrown. Nice opening guitar at 1:36. Classic Maiden flowing effortlessly, with a beginning, middle, end, with imagination,colorful, with zest, with "Fear Of The Dark" closing, full, complete, accurate, clear performance.

4. "The Red And The Black" (Harris 13:33)
One of the eastern flavored songs that Harris writes for the last 15 to 18 years: half Epirus (part fo Greece with let's say traditional Greek melodies)-half Epicurus, with a nice 'tumble'. Iron Maiden patents either related to "Dance Of Death" with keyboards in the orchestration- or "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner". Complete with live show instructions on the maybe redundant oh-oh-oh singalong part at the end .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back