"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to do something with this BNW album. Can we agree that no matter what one thinks of it...we just neglect it when ranking the albums?

It is always UNREASONABLY high in the rankings.

:hello:

Why should we? I'm not a massive fan of Somewhere In Time, but I'm not going to suggest that we leave it off the rankings because I think it's overrated.

I will pass this one - everyone saw my top 10 songs list, I'm in no position to tell others what they should like. :D

It's feels good to be a Iron Maiden fan these days! :D. Soon we have a new fresh maiden album to listen to again and again and again and again.Anyway,after listening to SOL many times and reading the reviews i think
TBOS going to be the best since Seventh son.

This is how i personally rank all Maiden albums and i hope that TBOS are going
to stay there between Killers and Brave New World (I'm almost sure it will).
If it's better than Seventh son I'm going to pass out!:scared:

• The Number of the Beast 10
• Iron Maiden 9,9
• Piece of Mind 9,9
• Powerslave 9,8
• Somewhere in Time 9,5
• Seventh Son of a Seventh Son 9,4
• Killers 9,3
• The Book of Souls 9,2
• Brave New World 9,0
• A Matter of Life and Death 8,7
• Dance of Death 8
• The Final Frontier 7,4
• No Prayer for the Dying 5
• Fear of the Dark 4,9
• The X Factor 2,5
• Virtual XI 1,7

I think.you should take some times to listen back to X Factor and Virtual XI... no way do those albums deserve those notes, considering what you gave to.the other albums

Matter of taste @Virtual Factor. For example Powerslave for me is in top 3 worst Maiden albums. I can stand aces high, powerslave and ROTAM, rest is (for me) pure garbage or "meeh" at best. You can take any Maiden album and call it overrated - dunno how to translate this, but in Poland we say "punkt widzenia zależy od punktu siedzenia" - your view depend on that where you sit (?).

Matter of taste @Virtual Factor. For example Powerslave for me is in top 3 worst Maiden albums. I can stand aces high, powerslave and ROTAM, rest is (for me) pure garbage or "meeh" at best. You can take any Maiden album and call it overrated - dunno how to translate this, but in Poland we say "punkt widzenia zależy od punktu siedzenia" - your view depend on that where you sit (?).
Agree ,but at least you need to listen to an album for more than 1 or 2 spins, and sometimes it seems that people giving bad notes to the X Factor and Virtual XI albums did not even listen to those albums enough to give a valid judgement.

Poor souls. Imagine - that can be amazing record like SSOSS 2 (but better!) or (for some)Virtual XI 2 (but suck more) - and they can't even say anything.

Lol. I feel that way about Piece of Mind. Powerslave is good, except 2M2M.

Powerslave for me is THE BEST Maiden album. :) Great songwriting (riffs, harmonies and melodies). Outstanding production and sound. 10/10
Piece of Mind 9,5/10
Number of the Beast 9/10
Somewhere in Time 9/10
Seventh Son 8,5/10 production, imo, started to decline. just a little bit.

I am 37 years old, i began listen to Maiden in 1993-95 years. I'm from Lithuania, which is a Polish neighbor. And yes, i am one of those who don't like post reunion album's production. Can't stand this 'live recording' thing, guitar muddiness, and... list goes on. Steve, please, don't produce your own albums. :) For me Bruce's AOB, TCW and TOS is much better than any post reunion Maiden album. But i have strong faith in fortcoming BOS album. Just my opinion. Sorry, for my english.

My list (listen to them since 1981)

- Powerslave (10)
- Iron Maiden (10)
- Piece of mind (10)
- TNOTB (10)
- SIT (9.8)
- SSOASS (9,8)
- Killers (9,5)
- BNW (9)
- AMOLAD (8,8)
- DOD (8,5)
- TFF (8,2)
- NPFD (8)
- FOTD (7,8)
- X Factor (7)
- Virtual X (6)

Speed of light single (8,8)

I am 37 years old, i began listen to Maiden in 1993-95 years. I'm from Lithuania, which is a Polish neighbor.
My family is in part from Lithuania :) Hi there! :)

Best thing about Maiden is that they have album for everybody in their discography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back