"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Im looking to buy the vinyl edition next week. On amazon, the only thing available is the UK import for $70. The Maiden site has it for the US for $29.99.

Ideally, Id like to buy the album at a local record shop. Does anyone know whether that will indeed be an option?
You and I are in the same boat on this one. When I seen it for $70 on Amazon I immediately crossed it off my list, then seen $30 on the Iron Maiden site and thought that was a great price for a triple vinyl! Well I purchase most of my albums (CDs) at either Best Buy or Walmart which obviously don't carry vinyls yet. Next Friday I'm going to check 2 places for the album which are both very comparable with prices on Amazon (not import price either) which will be Independent Records (I know there are more outside my town, but possibly only 2-3 total here in Colorado) and if they don't have it then I will check Barnes And Nobiles which has a decent collection of vinyls, they had The Number Of The Beast last time I was there anyway. But at Indepenent Records, the 1st Saturday in every month (Sep 5) they offer 20% off new/used vinyls so I was thinking about waiting a day, but with my luck it would be sold out lol assuming that they will have the album. I may go over there today ask if they can confirm that they will have it and if not if they can order me a copy to pick up next Friday, but they have like every album on vinyl so I'm not too worried.
Anyway, if you can't find it next Friday check Barnes And Nobiles if you have one nearby.

Personally I'm quite happy that there's such divided opinion among fans as to which are their best albums/songs. Makes for more interesting points of views, and I see it as a testament of the band's diversity and quality. I for one tend to change opinion to and fro on many songs and albums, although there are some I will usually always point out when discussing their best works. It's great that they have such a vast catalogue to choose from - I never get tired of Maiden! You can play an album to pieces for a week or two, then maybe you get a bit tired of it, but then you have 14 others, soon 15, to choose from. There are even days I feel VXI is their best album....

@Nick2632 Can I ask you why vinyl? Collection or you prefer sound?
Just to be a hipster douchbag.. Jk jk lol I've collected CDs forever and they just sit in my stand forever only getting taken out when I want to look at the artwork and read anything that's added in the cover as I simply put them all on my iPod. I have poor luck with keeping CDs from getting scratched, no matter how hard I try to keep them clean I will notice a new scratch with nearly every listen! Well I have a turntable in my living room hooked up to a fantastic stereo and just enjoy throwing a vinyl on it more than just putting in a cd. Plus my turntable can transfer music to a computer so I will be able to put the album on my iPod for when I'm listening in the car or listening elsewhere and I could then put it on a cd if I ever needed to. However, the sound of vinyls is very good. I have a couple of albums on both vinyl and cd and the vinyls do sound better no matter what, but at the end of the day it's not a big enough difference to sale my cd collection and purchase a huge vinyl collection or anything, just kind of fun to set the needle down and watch the record spin lol. My last reason is, have you ever seen an Iron Maiden album on vinyl? Hold a copy of Live After Death in your hands and you will see why, such great artwork detail that often gets overlooked on the smaller CDs. You may ask why I choose CDs over mp3s and that's because I like to have a physical copy whether I ever listen to it or not plus most albums (especially Maiden) have awesome artwork that just isn't the same digitally as well as a booklet with pictures, lyrics, or other cool information about the album and sometimes even a poster!

I'm still on the fence with new cover for album...
I think it's easily the best Eddie on an album cover since the 80s. Easily.

I'm definitely getting more pumped up for this after reading some of those reviews that were posted yesterday. Sounds like this may be the album we all have been waiting for. Just 8.5 days to go.

When it comes to the vinyl, I'm still hoping that amazon honors my initial order back when it was initially listed as being for sale via amazon. There are no record stores around me that I'm aware of, so I'm banking on getting that from amazon. The CD versions I should be easily able to find. No downloads for me, not interested.

No, I never heard Maiden on vinyl in my live. But I want to!

@Donner - Eddie is amazing but that black background… I don't know if I love it or not so much. :)

I like the lack of a real background, really makes Eddie the focal point.

I'm weird about vinyl - I pretty much only buy Maiden on vinyl (plus a few of my favorite bands) but it's completely for collecting, not for playing.

To be honest - if I'll buy vinyl it would be only for collection. I prefer my phone with 64gb memory as music player than anything else.

It all depend on how good BoS is, if it's amazing cover will be that cherry on top.

Most new vinyl releases come with free digital download now, so if you're not going to play the CD you'd be better off with the vinyl most of the time. Personally, I still play CD's, so I'm buying CD's. And, when I come upon one of those rare albums which are so good that my head implodes from the awesomeness - I get the vinyl too, if it's available.

@Mosh
I'm kinda curious: what kind of discussion is it your looking for before the album's come out? I mean, what was all the chat before TFF's release? The way I see it, is right now (pre-release) there is very little to actually talk about. Old & new members are just filling the forum with noise. (Which is fine, btw.) I only joined around TFF's release, so can't really compare with what's happening right now; but I do agree there's been a phenomenal amount of girning.
Well I know there's not much to talk about with music that none of us have heard yet, I just wish there was less complaining. I don't mind the "noise", but why does it have to be so negative?

The TFF thread didn't really have anything substantial either, if anything it was even worse as far as spam goes. But like I said, way less whining.

And for the record, I'm not against having a negative opinion. Don't like the new albums? Fine, they've become a different band. Hate repetitive choruses? It's a valid criticism of some songs. It's cool how diverse the opinions are on here. Just a difference between having a different opinion and complaining constantly about it. Or complaining about music you haven't even heard yet.

Compared to the ff eddie this new BOS ed is down right handsome!! I really don't like the face only eddie on the T shirts I have from ff. Cannot wait to hit the consession stand at the BOS gig.

I pre-ordered the vinyl and deluxe CD (my first CD since TFF)

The vinyl was originally (I assume mis-priced) at $13.98 and Amazon seems to be honoring it, it shows it will deliver on Sept 4. What they have up now is the import version .. which is really the same .. at an insanely high price .. same for the CD

11880440_10153653415708203_5188986662833691094_n.jpg

This is just posted by my friend on Facebook, so, i guess he will have niiiiiceee day! :)
I wait for a review from you or your friend or....Eddie is gonna get you.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back