"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need spoiler tags for discussing SOL here, btw. SOL is officially released and this thread warns of spoilers.

You don't need spoiler tags for discussing SOL here, btw. SOL is officially released and this thread warns of spoilers.

When it comes from a staff member I'll take it as gospel.

I think Bruce sounds very good. Solos are good. Riff is cool. Haven't paid that much attention to the lyrics yet, but as @Be Greek or Be Dead just pointed out - they are reminiscent of the previous album.

First impression?

Well, first time through I wasn't all that thrilled. The verses just seem to be lacking something. The chorus was great and the solos were good, there was just something missing. Then I replayed the video (which was totally awesome by the way) and...it was so amazing the second time around!

Awful production yet again.

The song itself is OK. I really do wish they had a more detail oriented producer, because the mistakes (there's only two of them, but let's face it, there shouldn't be any!) and Bruce's vocals makes it a bit hard to listen to at times.

In this day and age, music videos essentially means nothing. Might as well give the job to someone who'll just have fun with it. And this is just a fun, bonkers Maiden video :)

The production doesn't sound that bad to me honestly. The only reason why some things don't sound clear is because there is A LOT of delay, on Bruce's vocals and guitars. That's why the guitars can sometimes sound "muddy."

Considering it's Iron Maiden's 40th Anniversary this year a Retrospective music Video was a great Idea.

BRUCE YOU GODDAMN CAT WITH 9 LIVES! I cannot believe you, you sonofabitch. 20 seconds in on my first listen and I get goosebumps all over! It's been 30 years my friend, since you first took a hold of me and I am completely blown away by the fact that you are able to capture my imagination after all these years. 2015 will be the year of Bruce and this album will be the triumph of everything that you stand for, I can feel it! I love you!

/end rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back