"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand why some people might not like the song. On the other hand I can't see how this is not better from any single they released over the last 20 years.

I can understand why some people might not like the song. On the other hand I can't see how this is not better from any single they released over the last 20 years.

I can agree with that with the exception of The Wicker Man and it's darker, less Deep Purplish tone. But I definitely like Speed of Light.

MOTE (1995), TWM (2000) and WD (2003) are better than this

I really like Different World as well though it wasn't a first single. Again I like Speed of Light, particularly Bruce's performance and I think it bodes well for the album. There are 87 minutes filled with twists and turns and surprises beyond what we can imagine lying ahead.

OK, first listen was on my phone (lol) I've just finished a second listen on my headphones. The production is potentially worse than Dance of Death. It sounds like a demo.

However, the track has already grown on me just on this second (first) proper listen, but the sound on the guitars is so muddy and awful, even Adrian's solo!

I guess we can keep on arguing all day long. All I wanted since H and Bruce got back was something sounding closer to Bruce solo.

This is a close as they got to that sound. All three singles Hellishere mentions are a lot catchier than The Speed of Light. Catchy isn't what I am looking for. I wanted something more though out, more heavy more groovy...and I got it.

I really like Different World as well though it wasn't a first single. Again I like Speed of Light, particularly Bruce's performance and I think it bodes well for the album. There are 87 minutes filled with twists and turns and surprises beyond what we can imagine lying ahead.

I think Different World is really underrated personally. It's a great musical tribute to Thin Lizzy.

That said, as someone else said in this thread, the band sounds like they're having fun on Speed of Light. There's a twinge of excitement to the sound that I don't think I've heard from the band in sometime. It's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back