"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts on Fear of the Dark.

Good Songs: Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Wasting Love, The Fugitive, Judas Be my Guide, Fear of the Dark

Meh Songs: Be Quick or Be Dead, From Here to Eternity, Childhoods End

Awful Songs: Fear is the Key, Chains of Misery, The Apparition, Weekend Warrior

I think that this is true for all albums after FOTD too (even worse than that if I am completely honest)

lkrwtf.gif

Chains of Misery is the best song on FOTD. Weekend Warrior is also near the top.

The fast part that cuts off the super catchy melody in ATSS, is a total shame as it ruins the song.

If Maiden were still able to pull a rocker that is 50% as bad ass,fast and melodic as BQOBD, I would be a happier man

Chains of Misery is the best song on FOTD. Weekend Warrior is also near the top.

The fast part that cuts off the super catchy melody in ATSS, is a total shame as it ruins the song.

I'll put it this way. Even the worse songs from FOTD have parts that are absolutely amazing. This is not that case for any of the next albums....at least for me.

does it help you when i agree that chemical wedding is awesome? i've seen bruce on that tour btw and he was aggressive as fuck towards everyone (as he was on the skunkworks tour) but the concert was amazing.

Reactions: Gk1
I spent a few hours travelling on the bus today. I heard TXF twice from start to finish, replaying the most awesome parts multiple times. If you can't appreciate Steve's bass line on Judgement of Heaven, the instrumental of Sign of the Cross and the emotional buildup in Blaze's voice in the first verse of Look for the Truth, allow me to quote
Sucks to be you.

Thanks P, is there anything I can take to like them as well?Thanks in advance

If you hate the new stuff so much, why are you constantly whining about no news for the latest album? :p

Not really,I just hate BN(M)W. The rest of the albums after that are much better.

i know i'm in the minority but in my opinion fear ot the dark is one hell of a good album, although i forgot to mention that i also don't like from here to eternity, so that's basically three weak songs on that one vs. nine good to great ones. on the other hand, let's face it (even though it has its moments like on al the great): somewhere in time is pretty boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back