"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there was a lot of appreciation for reunion albums on the official forum. I don't go on there all that often, but I get the impression the '80s stuff only' crowd is balanced out a bit by people who like the past few albums.

I have fairly limited experience of it to be fair, I vastly prefer this forum, but of the few times id been on there shortly after becoming a fan club member a few years ago I gauged that to be the general mood.

If the opposite is true then I retract my previous comment in disgrace!

There are 'classics only' people on there, no doubt, but it's not the worst forum I've seen for that attitude. Not by far....

Yeah, the official board is far from a classics only crowd and I've been posting there since the late 90s. Sure there are some folks who think that, but like here most are big fans of the newer albums. I'd say the further you get from dedicated Maiden boards the more you'll find the newer album haters.

42 days to go!

There is one Maiden 'fan' site that's very much the opposite, perhaps that's what you were thinking of? MFU I believe.

I wouldn't think that members of the FC would be any different than us. In fact, I would think only the most diehard Maiden fans would join an FC and those would be the types who like us, would also like stuff after FOTD. I wonder whey they're so different.

Disc 1 is 6 minutes 45 seconds lengthier than Disc 2 which suggests the band hasn't selected the track order based on song running times. Otherwise they would have perhaps placed The Book of Souls where Shadows of the Valley sits and vice versa to balance the disc lengths. This is a positive in my mind...the band has made no compromise on the song sequence in which they want us to experience the album.

They always pay attention to the song sequence man! I mean maybe we got to the point of making up staff so we can get excited about the releaseo_O

Last edited:
Just noticed a TBOS t-shirt in the shop of the official website too, plus a few on sale on line from various retailers.

TNlf1JI.png

Gildan Softstyle.

Into the trash it goes.

Agreed. The only Maiden album I'd consider "bad". Everything else is at least pretty good.

Just for curiosity's sake, which songs do you consider good? And excuse me if you've already answered that question elsewhere) ?
Afraid To Shoot Strangers, Wasting Love.
I used to enjoy Fear is the Key quite a bit but not so much anymore and Judas My Guide is growing on me lately. I also admit FOTD is good live, but the studio version is pretty bland imo.

Yep. FOTD is, by a mile, the worst Maiden album. 5 good tracks, rest is garbage.

I think that this is true for all albums after FOTD too (even worse than that if I am completely honest)! At least FOTD gave us ATSS,WL,BQOBD,JDMG,FOTD,CE.....what did the albums after that have to offer?

PS: I think the only bad track on FOTD is the apparition..and maybe weekend warrior too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back