"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First pre-review is in from someone who has apparently heard it (from the official board)

Leana Dolci Prob: The Red and The Black , wich is absolutely not a 'new' FOTD ... (In my opinion) -
Leana Dolci: They're doin some press ... Yes I heard it !
Leana Dolci: Forget a new Run to the Hills or Trooper ... Some songs are too long for my taste. The first and the last of the album are masterpieces (even if the last one is 'new' for Maiden)

Thanks for that.I did not expect anything different from the album. It sounds like comments I would make. Is this the whole discussion?!

It seems there is a great possibility that we would have some reviews come August magazines are out.

Last edited:
I just had a look on the official forum. They say Leana is a fan and a friend of several people over there. I can't quite work out the circumstances of the conversation, though, it's odd.

Very interested in what she says about the last track. How will it be 'new' for Maiden? Maybe we will hear extensive use of piano after all!

Just noticed a TBOS t-shirt in the shop of the official website too, plus a few on sale on line from various retailers.

I like the new artwork...but I think it would look weird on a shirt.

I can't remember if this was discussed but...the artwork was done by Mark Wilkinson who also did the Out of The Silent Planet artwork, as well as the Donington 1992 artwork for the VHS and the artwork for Eddie's Archive as well as for Judas Priest' Redeemer of Souls (And the Painkiller cover!) and some Marillion stuff.

http://www.the-masque.com/mainpage.html

Check under gallery

Last edited:
These lines of 'no new The Trooper, Run To The Hills or Fear Of The Dark' are certainly said by people who are not catching the drift of what Iron Maiden is all about. Not to mention these lines are totally annoying! We already have these songs!

This person doesn't like long songs, so, there won't be any reliable review of the new songs by this person. I'm not saying that the album is amazing 'cos we didn't hear it yet, but, be objective at least, please.

As Steve said on one of the first interviews about Brave New World: "This is us now. If you don't like it, fuck you!"

Last edited:
The official forum is sadly full of people stuck in the mindset that anything after Fear of the Dark isn't worth listening to, I would be surprised if anyone honestly thinks that they are going to get an album full of Trooper or Run to the Hills style short rockers given the direction that the modern albums have taken.

I wish I had a chance to get in one of the early listening sessions even if it were for a new Lady Gaga album :dancinggeek:

I agree, but, it's a bit hard to avoid. I'll try just as I do by not downloading the leak before the release date. I only downloaded AMOLAD 'cos I knew I wouldn't be able to buy the cd and I downloaded it about 1 or 2 days before the release date , so much that I only bought it by the end of 2010, I believe.

Last edited:
The official forum is sadly full of people stuck in the mindset that anything after Fear of the Dark isn't worth listening to.

Which is a joke not only because it's absolutely ridiculous to diss off the post-FOTD albums, but also because FOTD is the worst Maiden album.

Edit: I've never gone on the official forum, I'm merely commenting on that mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back