"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blind Guardian announced new album on November 7 to be released at the end of January. First single came on December 5. Plus they had a bunch of trailers to keep us alive. Also, they played the new songs for the first time on April 2. So hurry up please!
And look at how far in advance Metallica, Rush, and Slayer put out new songs. And Queensryche is going to release something in a few days and their album isn't due out until October. However, we shouldn't be selfish and really try hard just to be very thankful that we're getting another Maiden album.

Really? That's pretty cool actually.
HRdOfkm.jpg

Hell ya it is!

That would make sense. If they're starting earlier in the year, tickets need to go on sale soon.
Plus, if Speed of Light is coming out on 8/14 (again according to Warner) it makes sense to release the dates soon after. Keep the hype going!

Plus, if Speed of Light is coming out on 8/14 (again according to Warner) it makes sense to release the dates soon after. Keep the hype going!
It is coming out August 14th because that was the release date Best Buy had when you could pre-order it before they sold out.
Mc0nplh.jpg

It would be good to get an official statement regarding the single and/or any potential sample streamings.

I don't think Maiden has ever announced ahead of time saying they were going to release a single on a certain date. Either there was a countdown or a song all of a sudden appeared. Same with samples. They would just appear one day. With TFF, I remember just one day someone saying there were samples available, but there wasn't an announcement saying they were coming. Same with AMOLAD. It is a bit strange that they didn't mention Speed Of Light was available to pre-order so maybe there will be an official announcement on that as we get closer to the date. As the infamous Asia song goes, "only time will tell".

Hello all!

I'm super amped and excited and all those fine adjectives about this album, as I hope/think/expect everyone here is.
My thoughts on the info I've read/seen are:

1) The plain cover with an Eddie that looks remarkably like an ape from Planet of the Apes. I almost wonder/suspect that this is a call back to the first cover, which was also relatively plain and featured a full-on Eddie front and center. I like the cover, despite the plain-ness. Especially if it turns out to be the last album as many of us suspect, then it would make a nice full-circle.

2) We get two songs written by Smith/Dickinson. And two by Bruce alone. Part of me wonders whether these are songs that would have been on a Bruce solo endeavor. Or at least started off as such.

3) I was amused by the song title 'The Man of Sorrows'. Let the confusion and misunderstandings begin.

4) I like the song lengths and order of song lengths listed. Has a balanced look about it. And no short rockers which I'm fine with.

5) There are a lot of 'ofs' in the song titles. This is more an observation than anything else. Overall they sound pretty standard Maiden.

6) Maybe its because I've been listening to AMOLAD a bit recently but I get that kind of vibe from this upcoming one. I hope it'll be closer to Brave New World (also due to its being recorded in the same venue) but I'm not complaining if it does turn out to be AMOLAD-ish. I mean, Maiden could put out almost anything and I'd still be excited but I do hope for something that is an evolution from the direction they've been going in. So basically I hope it doesn't sound too much like a former album. But if does wind up sounding a bit like AMOLAD I wouldn't be sad.

7) WHO ELSE CAN'T WAIT/IS STOKED FOR THE TOUR THAT (FINGERS CROSSED) WILL BE NEXT SUMMER?????

Hello all!

6) Maybe its because I've been listening to AMOLAD a bit recently but I get that kind of vibe from this upcoming one. I hope it'll be closer to Brave New World (also due to its being recorded in the same venue) but I'm not complaining if it does turn out to be AMOLAD-ish. I mean, Maiden could put out almost anything and I'd still be excited but I do hope for something that is an evolution from the direction they've been going in. So basically I hope it doesn't sound too much like a former album. But if does wind up sounding a bit like AMOLAD I wouldn't be sad.

I actually hope for the opposite - to be more like DOD/TFF.

THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS

that would be one chorus

THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS,THE BOOK OF SOULS

that would be one chorus

Nah, they should mix it up a bit, like they did on SOTC:

THE BOOK OF SOULS
Written by ghouls
They're having a party
THE BOOK OF SOULS

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back