"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think TBOS will sound like its own album. So far, every single maiden album from the 2000's have their own uniqueness to it and don't sound like any other maiden album. So we can expect that it will follow the pattern. We don't know what the book of souls will sound like. And we definitely can't go off of the last 4 albums to guess how it will sound.

I actually thought there was a bit of humour in Cried's post. The amount of pages is something to make fun of. ;-)
Perhaps it lacked a smiley, but I didn't taste any "dissing off" in it without it.

I think "The Red and the Black" takes the award for Maidens vaguest song title.
Do any of you still think the the katana wielding silhouettes that were present on last years Maiden Christmas card are still an indication of some of the material thats on The Book of Souls?
Obviously not the album as a whole (unless the Mayans had their own league of assassins)...but maybe a hint as to what a particular song might based around.

"Shadows Of The Valley" ? Ninjas could easily be described as "shadow warriors", don't you think? "Death or Glory" might well be about the Samurai, although they weren't exactly ninjas...so, IF any song has a lyrical connection to the Christmas card, "Shadows Of The Valley" would be my best bet.

The past two pages are about everyone discussing how the album is going to sound, and they were guessing that it would sound like certain albums. I just put my own input into the discussion. I don't think what cry said though was over the top. Unless he actually insulted some or started a Argument fight. I don't feel like there's a reason for a warning.

Well thank you, Kyle. My comment was a swipe (jokingly) at the forum generally.
Not when we are trying to welcome a lot of new posters as nicely as we can.
You mean like this, LC?
You're an idiot. Goodbye.
Did SMX issue himself with a warning? I'd never seen this guy post before, but that didn't stop everyone ripping the guy to pieces on the really important topic of Vivian Campbell & Def Leppard...

Still maintain a warning was over the top.

Guys relax,there is no official info about anything over the last month.So we can say whatever we like.And if tyere is something I like about this forum is that all opinions can be heard...most of the times lol

Last edited:
The title track from Gilmour's new album is already available.The album is available on the 18th of September.Come on guys,really?!Throw us a freaking bone here.....

I'm actually more pumped for If Eternity Should Fail than I am for The Empire Of The Clouds. Everyones focus seems to be on the longest track the band have written and while I understand that, I have a feeling that this opening track is going to blow peoples mind.

It's nice so see a change from the normal opening formula they have used the last four albums (Satellite 15... The Final Frontier was basically a 4 minute rocker as well , with an added intro).

I think the title is awesome. But the thought strikes me; maybe the real title is If Eternity... Should Fail :O The first 4 minutes are a unfinished demo Bruce have left from the Balls To Picasso sessions ?

Last edited:
Regarding the lack of a new song yet -

I thought that one of the reasons we like Iron Maiden is because they do whatever the fuck they want to do however they choose to do so. And, in this case, that means not releasing anything yet. Which kinda sucks in a way but the one thing we do know for sure is that there's less than 7 weeks (48 days!) to go until we hear everything. Which is pretty awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back