"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do always get their man. It's right in their logo.

Obviously, this means that female-based crime is rampant in Canada.

The Livery colours of the 15th Century Dukes of Buckingham.
2217302490.jpg

I've always seen The Red and the Black as being about a war of some sort. It really sounds like they're dividing things into two camps. It's not the Red & Black, it's the Red and the Black. Like the Roundheads and the Cavaliers. The House of Lancaster and the House of York.

I've always seen The Red and the Black as being about a war of some sort. It really sounds like they're dividing things into two camps. It's not the Red & Black, it's the Red and the Black. Like the Roundheads and the Cavaliers. The House of Lancaster and the House of York.

And yes, I can see it being about opposing sides or contrasting sides of the human psyche.

Wikipedia also suggests: the student newspaper at the University of Georgia, the student newspaper at Washington & Jefferson College, a song from the musical Les Miserables (please, no), banner of Anarcho-communism and Anarcho-syndicalism, a worker-run vegan coffee shop in Portland, Oregon, RED/BLACK concept (cryptography) and The Red-black tree data structure. :rocker:

Discussions like this always remind of South Park when Cartman writes the most disgusting book in the world and everybody praises it for its “symbolism”.

I think "The Red and the Black" takes the award for Maidens vaguest song title.
Do any of you still think the the katana wielding silhouettes that were present on last years Maiden Christmas card are still an indication of some of the material thats on The Book of Souls?
Obviously not the album as a whole (unless the Mayans had their own league of assassins)...but maybe a hint as to what a particular song might based around.

I reckon the red and the black is to do with money, similar to El Dorado.

Hopefully it's not about football, as they are the colours of my team's rivals, which mean I would probably have to stop being Maiden fan!

Wikipedia also suggests: the student newspaper at the University of Georgia, the student newspaper at Washington & Jefferson College, a song from the musical Les Miserables (please, no), banner of Anarcho-communism and Anarcho-syndicalism, a worker-run vegan coffee shop in Portland, Oregon, RED/BLACK concept (cryptography) and The Red-black tree data structure. :rocker:

Anarcho-syndicalists, vegan coffee shops, songs about revolution... it's all starting to come together.

I think "The Red and the Black" takes the award for Maidens vaguest song title.
Do any of you still think the the katana wielding silhouettes that were present on last years Maiden Christmas card are still an indication of some of the material thats on The Book of Souls?
Obviously not the album as a whole (unless the Mayans had their own league of assassins)...but maybe a hint as to what a particular song might based around.

Blind Guardian announced new album on November 7 to be released at the end of January. First single came on December 5. Plus they had a bunch of trailers to keep us alive. Also, they played the new songs for the first time on April 2. So hurry up please!

Last edited:
How about the species of 'ants'? Those red ones sting like a bugger. But the black ant is like the strongest pound for pound living thing..?
Spider-man came out with a black version who I believe fought the traditional red' hero.
Then the obvious: checkers??...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back