"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they did the Maiden England Tour for two years too. It started June 2012 and ended July 2014 but not for nearly as many shows as the World Slavery Tour though..

100 compared to 184 and Slavery Tour only lasted a little over a year.

Last edited:
Cool news about the tour. But do we really expect any band member doing press to state anything other than that the new album is great? Although I'm intrigued that he pointed out the great production.

When does anyone think the tour dates will be released? Do you get the feeling from those remarks, that the schedule has been delayed but worked out.? or they still don't know when Bruce will be ready? Maybe there will be more time between shows..hence the two year window..

When does anyone think the tour dates will be released? Do you get the feeling from those remarks, that the schedule has been delayed but worked out.? or they still don't know when Bruce will be ready? Maybe there will be more time between shows..hence the two year window..

Well, part of the schedule must be during a particular part of the year. If they want to do the big festivals in Europe, they have to do it in the summer. I think it would be pretty much impossible to just move a fixed schedule months back - at the very least they'd have to find new venues.

But do we really expect any band member doing press to state anything other than that the new album is great?

Nicko acknowledged that expectation himself. However, this album is different from all others: the first Maiden double album.

Let's have some hope rather than cynicism. This might very well be the best Maiden album ever. Who says Nicko isn't right?

This may be the first time the sentence "Who says Nicko isn't right?" has appeared in the English language. :smartarse:

Maiden haven't given me a reason to be cynical or anything less than hopeful really. Out of their 15 albums I can safely say only one has been truly disappointing. Even at their weakest (DoD, Virtual XI etc) they're still pretty good. Plus those two albums I mentioned brought us some of Maiden's best tracks. I wouldn't even consider them bad. Average at worst.

No matter what direction they've taken with BoS, I'm confident that it'll be yet another great album. Worst case scenario, it's 90 minutes of music and I'm sure there will be at least something to enjoy. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back