"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say just about every album is pretty straightforward lyrically, with the exception of maybe Seventh Son, and even that one isn't too abstract. I predict any Harris lyric will be pretty straightforward, but maybe we'll have some surprises with Bruce. I find the gist of his lyrics are easy to pick up on, but there's a lot of sublties that are sometimes difficult to decipher. Starblind is one example of a song I didn't fully understand until reading LC's commentary. Plus he always has really clever lines like the clever wanker's face from El Dorado.
OK, here are the songs on the last 4 albums that I actually know what the lyrics are about: Ghost Of The Navigator, The Mercenary, Nomad, Wildest Dreams, Dance Of Death, Paschendale, These Colors Don't Run, The Longest Day, For The Greater Good Of God, The Final Frontier, Mother Of Mercy, Coming Home, The Alchemist, Isle Of Avalon, The Talisman, When The Wild Wind Blows.

Really? Only three songs off of AMOLAD? I'd say that's the easiest of the 4 to understand. BTATS and TROBB are definitely the hardest but if you carefully read the lyrics while listening to the song it clicks. Like how BTATS is about The dropping of the atom bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At first listen and more after that I didn't understand. But I soon got it.

What might be the chances of a Track about A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones?

The Story has so much potential, I'd love to see a song about this

I have a question. The release date is September 4th which is Sunday... If i pre-order the album is there a possibility to have it delivered before the release day, say Friday 2nd, or is it most likely to have it on Monday 5th?

September 4th will be on Friday. Amazon says the dispatch will be one day before the release date and the estimated arrival date is on September 12th.

Damn, it's only been 6 days since Best Buy announced the Speed Of Light single. Time is actually starting to go buy a little slower for me. This isn't good. *Keeps EVERYTHING crossed that a story shows up saying something like "an online store accidentally started to sell Iron Maiden's The Book Of Souls. Over 500 copies were sold before it was shut down." That happened with Metallica's last album: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/me...-sold-two-weeks-early-at-french-record-store/ It was an actual store, but either would work. Or a cool idea would be if Maiden had a puzzle game where you put together pages of the book and got to hear samples of songs. I think my 4 on my "how bad is the wait for you" poll is going to turn into a 5 soon. It's definitely between the two now. SIGH!

What might be the chances of a Track about A Song of Ice and Fire / Game of Thrones?

The Story has so much potential, I'd love to see a song about this

Iron Maiden is more of a sci-fi story band than a fantasy story band. Doubt it'd happen. It's way too "trendy" for them to write a song about as well, I think.

That's a little Blind Guardian, don't you think?

Try to look at Assedium, an italian band, they have a song entitled Winter is Coming. Anyway I totally agree with The Flash, infact they came out with The Red and The Black, which i think is been inspired by Stendhal.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would be very surprised to learn that Steve has actually read Stendhal's novel, and appreciated it enough to base a song upon it. I mean, the book is not of a kind he generally appreciates, and those two colours and their association are quite common. Maybe this is a song about AC Milan :ninja:.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I would be very surprised to learn that Steve has actually read Stendhal's novel, and appreciated it enough to base a song upon it. I mean, the book is not of a kind he generally appreciates, and those two colours and their association are quite common. Maybe this is a song about AC Milan :ninja:.

AHAH, his passion for soccer could finally found a musically way out! However, I like to think that is been inspired by that book, could be very primising.

He would never write a song about another team than West Ham, so, the Rossoneri connection is unlikely (and I'm not a big fan of football songs anyway), but Harry and Stendhal... :blink:

I thought about AC Milan connection with The Red & The Black for a while, just didn't want to jynx it. It'd be pretty awesome though :D

Maybe he'll write about Gençlerbirliği, the local football team in the city I live. Also Red & Black colored. Something tells me that the chances of that are pretty slim though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back