"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you're really high on The Book of Souls (song) and that one starts slowly hahahaha. I don't mind the atmospheric stuff really, the intros have been great.

Yeah but I like it better. It doesn't try to build up to anything either. Its simple, sweet and short compared to most.

AMOLAD was the bigger offender but like I said in a previous post, its a moody album to begin with. I don't know...I just think they're doing something better on this one. I dig so far.

Isle tests my patience though. Like I know the part where it kicks in is coming but it feels like they drag it on too much.

Isle tests my patience though. Like I know the part where it kicks in is coming but it feels like they drag it on too much.
Hahaha, I can see that for you. You skipped around the new album after listening to the first bit of each track :)

Hahaha, I can see that for you. You skipped around the new album after listening to the first bit of each track :)

I know its terrible. Now I'm settling in though. Im definitely liking the pace of this one. Its as if they are taking the best of the modern era and giving it a boost. I love it. And finally they really are going apeshit with three guitarists and letting you know it. I always praised TFF for the spacy and weird midsections in Starblind and Isle, etc because you could tell were expanding with the three sounds. Now they are raw and letting lose.

Ok,after just one listen:

Disc 1

1. If Eternity Should Fail 9+
2. Speed Of Light 8
3. The Great Unknown 7+
4. The Red And The Black 9
5. When The River Runs Deep 7
6. The Book Of Souls 10

Disc 2
7. Death Or Glory 8
8. Shadows Of The Valley 9
9. Tears Of A Clown 9+
10. The Man Of Sorrows 9+
11. Empire Of The Clouds 10

To much to swallow and i must listen more tomorrow but i'm very happy after the first spin and i'm sure it's a grower.
Right now I think it IS the best Maiden albums since 7th Son! :)

Btw, Empire Of The Clouds is a beautiful song and after i finished the 92 min listen i felt
sad and happy at the same time and almost got a tear in my eye :goodbye:
Anyone else got the same reaction?

Last edited:
I'll join in with this on september 4th. All those who've listened already can be divided into 2 groups:

1 - Havent paid/pre-ordered the album, so they've basically stolen it. You're thieves and I hope you feel suitably guilty.

2 - Those who have pre-paid/will pay for the album - congratulations, you've got it 6 days early. I look forward to hearing what you got for christmas when you open all your presents on 19th December. You joyless bastards....

I'll join in with this on september 4th. All those who've listened already can be divided into 2 groups:

1 - Havent paid/pre-ordered the album, so they've basically stolen it. You're thieves and I hope you feel suitably guilty.

2 - Those who have pre-paid/will pay for the album - congratulations, you've got it 6 days early. I look forward to hearing what you got for christmas when you open all your presents on 19th December. You joyless bastards....

3 - those who were on the Bruce Air trip and heard it on Wednesday :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back