"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One for guitarists regarding Adrian's solos

Adrian uses tremelo picking in almost all of his solos on this album but the standard of his solos is sublime

I find it perhaps the biggest irony of all that this song turned out to be better than everything on Book of Souls. I wish Maiden had did this instead...

I find it perhaps the biggest irony of all that this song turned out to be better than everything on Book of Souls. I wish Maiden had did this instead...
I am looking forward to the period of time where you are able to explain what you didn't like about The Book of Souls. I also expect that you will remain in the minority here. Most people seem blown away.

Anyone else think the riffage and melodies are very similar to NPFTD, Xfactor and V11 ?. I would describe the album as 90's maiden, SSOASS, and Bruce solo material combined into one

So they said in an interview that they've written even more. When is the leftover album coming out? 2017? Must kick ass as well, can't handle 4-5 years again

OK, I've finished listening to it... and if I was in tears when CD 1 finished, by the end of Empire Of Clouds I was turned into a pool of tears... just like the Squonk... This has to be their best since 7th Son of a 7th Son...

Thanks to all who have offered honest opinions, positive and negative, new members and old.
If there are posters you feel are trolling, please put them on ignore.

I have now listened to this album twice, and I am mostly speechless. It's very, very good - and at times (such as during "The Red and the Black", "Tears of a Clown", and the superlative "Empire of the Clouds") it is superb. Whether or not it is the best since anything, I don't know. I think it's too early to say - and we won't know for a few years where it sits.

Empire of the Clouds, however, is definitely the most amazing piece of music Iron Maiden has ever created. Not necessarily the best or greatest, but most amazing. It is Bruce's masterpiece.

Yeah the more I listen to this the more I'm realizing it's their most interesting of the modern era. Even the first song is better than every opener since BNW and I'm even starting to put it past that too.

I have now listened to this album twice, and I am mostly speechless. It's very, very good - and at times (such as during "The Red and the Black", "Tears of a Clown", and the superlative "Empire of the Clouds") it is superb. Whether or not it is the best since anything, I don't know. I think it's too early to say - and we won't know for a few years where it sits.

Empire of the Clouds, however, is definitely the most amazing piece of music Iron Maiden has ever created. Not necessarily the best or greatest, but most amazing. It is Bruce's masterpiece.
Glad you enjoyed it too. Whens that AMOLAD dissection part 2 coming? :)

I'm listening to the album with my badass headphones and it sounds much better. I could hear more details.

I think WTRRD is a welcome surprise with its sludgy/drunken chorus. Bruce sounds awesome on this.
This is my favorite song on the album so far, not because it's the best but simply because it came as such a surprise, completely ignored by critics its the most Maiden-esque song on the album and i wasn't expecting it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back