"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah man. Maiden has been my fav since I first heard them. If I hate something they do, I have no problem saying it. I hated most of NPFTD, FOTD, VXI and wasn't thrilled with all of the "short rockers" on DOD either. This is the Maiden I was looking for when those were released. I am therefore quite happy with modern Maiden. If I want classics, they're here as well.

The song that grew on me the most after more listens is red and black.

So many changes, twists, great instrumental section.

Just the outro was unnecessary... But Steve will never learn I guess

No joke, but I feel as though Empire of Clouds could go beyond 20 minutes long. It really doesn't feel like 18 minutes long.
I could listen to the main melody for 18 minutes. So good.
I genuinely felt the music strongly conveyed the terror of the passengers in the latter parts.

The song that grew on me the most after more listens is red and black.

So many changes, twists, great instrumental section.

Just the outro was unnecessary... But Steve will never learn I guess

I think it's growing on me too, but I'm not sure. It's definitely my least favorite epic on either disk though, right now.

THIS is the glaring difference between this album and last two. I don't feel like I'm waiting for songs to start.
But you're really high on The Book of Souls (song) and that one starts slowly hahahaha. I don't mind the atmospheric stuff really, the intros have been great.

But you're really high on The Book of Souls (song) and that one starts slowly hahahaha. I don't mind the atmospheric stuff really, the intros have been great.
But even the songs with longish intros on TBOS don't drag on for as long as the songs on previous albums (especially TFF).

I actually don't mind some of the long intros on DOD and AMOLAD, but it was just insane on TFF and in some cases seemed like a completely different song (most notably with Starblind, The Talisman and TMWWBK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back