"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if something is boring, maybe you don't want to listen it, did that occur to you?
I guess I'm just thinking that it should be given a fair chance before tossed away. One of the things we often do here is encourage our members to re-listen to stuff they say they didn't like to try to discover new depths.

This is a song that is 7 days away from official release. Should we really declare it boring already?

I guess I'm just thinking that it should be given a fair chance before tossed away. One of the things we often do here is encourage our members to re-listen to stuff they say they didn't like to try to discover new depths.

This is a song that is 7 days away from official release. Should we really declare it boring already?
Of course not! Some songs need to be listened not only one time to understand it in a right way. I'm sorry about my words about this song actually.

Well, I guess, I just should listen to it over and over again to tell the right opinion.
Don't care if you hate any song. I only care that you give it a fair chance eventually. I can appreciate that first opinions are very powerful.

You know it's a good album when everyone's opinions are all different.
After first listen, favorite songs are WTRRD, The book of souls (The thrash metal sound in the middle is so fucking good!) TRATB, Empire, and The Great unknown is growing on me. The verse is killer!

But as for me I really enjoyed WTRRD! Don't know how another fell about it, but it's a really catchy and great song! Also The Man Of Sorrows is great, especially in the beginning.

Pretty sure it was declared boring by the PC ilk when the track listing was announced.

Here's my take: I really think this shit is awesome. I guess it sucks for some who don't think it's awesome because I'm spending my time enjoying something while they are spending time not enjoying something.
This....

It seems like they want to convince the people that like it that is isn't good as well. For my favorite band to release something of this quality, at this point in their career, I just can't say enough. But I really am thankful these guys have continued, they really had nothing left to prove and could have rode off into the sunset a while ago.

Here's my take: I really think this shit is awesome. I guess it sucks for some who don't think it's awesome because I'm spending my time enjoying something while they are spending time not enjoying something.

That's sort of how I get over it when somebody doesn't enjoy something I like.

The Red and the Black is pretty much an instrumental song anyways, like 10% of it has lyrics. Don't quite get why people are saying it would have worked better as an instrumental.

Who cares ... people like different things. I do not love everything Maiden has done. This is who Maiden is now, it is different than what they were. Some will like it more, some the same, some less.

Think that H did many giutar effects in his solos. Just the way too much. But strangely that it sounds f**ing great. It only makes the song greater than it is.

Who cares ... people like different things. I do not love everything Maiden has done. This is who Maiden is now, it is different than what they were. Some will like it more, some the same, some less.
Its fine to not enjoy it, it tends to be the way the negative folks portray themselves while conveying their opinion that I have fault with.

Its fine to not enjoy it, it tends to be the way the negative folks portray themselves while conveying their opinion that I have fault with.

Maybe .. but again, who cares. Someone else's opinion is not going to sway my like or dislike of an album or song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back