"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, finally heard it.
Not bad. But why the f* just 2 verses for a song that long? Anyway, I am glad that I had bad expectations because it sounds pretty cool to me.

Oh, earlier when I first got the song, I didn't have a chance to give it a REALLY good listen with headphones on and had a lot of interruptions. After the good listen I just gave it, I'M LOVING IT SO SO SO MUCH!!! And I take back what I said about the No Prayer/Fear OT Dark feel. That's just in the very beginning with the cowbells. After that, it's PURE FUCKING MAIDEN!!! SO AMAZING!!!
Also, under 3 hours for those who are waiting for the official stream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gk1
Still waiting. Doing what the lads would want me to.:notworthy: All this chatter just adding to the buzz. From all your descriptions,Sounds like a killer tune......

I can't wait for the Video now after hearing it's supposed to be weird and now hearing the song itself, the lyrics make me think it's going to be interesting.

Yes I agree. It's pretty easy to tell the three guitar players apart though if you know your Maiden.
It is easy. In fact when i first heard the clip from the tone and initial notes i thought definitely Adrian but after several listens and especially the end notes of the solo + the melody it started to seem it could be Janick too. Hearing the full solo there is no doubt who played what.

It is easy. In fact when i first heard the clip from the tone and initial notes i thought definitely Adrian but after several listens and especially the end notes of the solo + the melody it started to seem it could be Janick too

It's just because he doesn't quite finish the bend all the way at the end and that's a very Janick thing to do :) The tone, effects, vibrato, and the selection of the notes is unmistakably Adrian though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what to say.

It doesn't sound like maiden and yet - is so like them. For me it sound like Bruce solo stuff and that's awesome.
Very live feeling (it's great!) - it's really better single than wicker man for me.

My mind was just blown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back