"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to say.

It doesn't sound like maiden and yet - is so like them. For me it sound like Bruce solo stuff and that's awesome.
Very live feeling (it's great!) - it's really better single than wicker man for me.

My mind was just blown away.

The reason you feel that way might be due to the fact that this song was not "Steve-ized" since it's written solely by Dickinson and Smith. Definitely cool to have a songwriting flavor we haven't tasted in many, many years.

The reason you feel that way might be due to the fact that this song was not "Steve-ized" since it's written solely by Dickinson and Smith. Definitely cool to have a songwriting flavor we haven't tasted in many, many years.

What he said

And now I think about IESF and EOC... my god!

Yes I have a feeling that we have no idea what we're in for, especially with EOC (it'll be like the thing we enjoy and didn't even know we wanted). And I think we'll get a more familiar treat with The Red and the Black that will make us all grin ear to ear as soon as the melodies kick in.

I know, we can't judge album just by one song but if rest of songs had that same quality - for me "old" stuff was blown away, at least for me.

"Also it's so nice to hear Dickinson hit the high C (C5) and project it on Staaarrrssssssss in the 'Shadows in the Stars' line."]

Last edited:
Heard it, love the riffing, very hard. Don't dig Bruce's "offbeat" singing, just like btats.

Grower, but so far not that impressed

Sorry I tried to use the spoiler tags for the first time ever, I guess I didn't get it right.
Click the icon circled in blue to get this pulldown menu and you will have the spoiler option.
NVZWYZR.png

Heard it, love the riffing, very hard. Don't dig Bruce's "offbeat" singing, just like btats.

Grower, but so far not that impressed
Well, it's not "speed of light x32" so it's good.

Lyrics are quite fun (bit about plasma is my favorite)

The song definitely has a very Deep Purple beginning section and first riff complete with the Ian Gillan scream. Then it gets more Maidenish once Adrian's melody kicks in though it's still unlike what we're accustomed to and a little more like Bruce's solo work. The chorus itself it very Maiden though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back