"The Book of Souls" - Official pre-release thread (CONTAINS ALBUM SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that whoever wants a new Wickerman would be really disappointed. The song is so different to what we heard from Maiden up to now. It's got the H cool factor. I was so tired lf the happy sing along choruses. This is metal,heavy,riffy and well played.

Yeah, this is definitely a far cry from The Wicker Man. However I'm honestly not sure which song I prefer. Wicker Man is classic and all, but this song is just so good. Again, it reminds me of Neon Knight. Not a bad thing at all.

If I have to apply spoiler tags again myself, there's gonna be trouble.

Remember to spoiler things you're quoting too!

My apologies! I'll keep a better eye out for that!

Yeah, this is definitely a far cry from The Wicker Man. However I'm honestly not sure which song I prefer. Wicker Man is classic and all, but this song is just so good. Again, it reminds me of Neon Knight. Not a bad thing at all.

I'd take this over Wickerman anytime. I mean the wickerman chorus is just horrid,isn't it? I can see the relation to Dio era Sabbath,to Purple and to Bruce solo. What worries me a it is that the. mp3 is of 192 quality and still sound awful.

I'd take this over Wickerman anytime. I mean the wickerman chorus is just horrid,isn't it? I can see the relation to Dio era Sabbath,to Purple and to Bruce solo. What worries me a it is that the. mp3 is of 192 quality and still sound awful.

I will say this is more my kind of metal than Wicker Man is.

As for the audio quality, I'm not sure yet. The mixing sounds fantastic, but it is a bit loud. Not loud enough to be a big problem for me personally though.

Reactions: Gk1
I will say this is more my kind of metal than Wicker Man is.

As for the audio quality, I'm not sure yet. The mixing sounds fantastic, but it is a bit loud. Not loud enough to be a big problem for me personally though.

Yes,the production is loud and there is a good amount of echo for the vocals and guitars. But doesn't it sound kind of muddy still??? Maybe this is sorted if we get the 320kbps mp3. But man I really dig this song. Maybe Bruce should have done another take on some of the lines but still love the song,

I don't know about you guys, but this sounds like something from Skunkworks but just a bit heavier. Everything sounds good except in the bridge the vocal lines don't seem to match up with the guitar riff. But one of the best Maiden choruses I've heard in a long time!

very old school maiden.
my first thoughts:
1. Chorus is awesome and catchy as hell
2. The bridge is strange. The underlying melody on the guitar doesnt fit the vocal melody
3. The section after the solo sounds over produced almost as if it was copied and pasted on to the track from elsewhere
4. Love the song. This will grow with every listen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back